The primary purpose of a Library Assistant Resume is to bring you an interview rather than the job.
In order to persuade potential employers to call you for an interview, your resume needs to be relevant to the job description and employer’s needs.
That is why customized, and tailored resumes are more effective than generic ones.
Candidates often make a standard Library Assistant resume and keep using it when they apply for a new job. This practice can damage one’s candidacy since generic resumes usually bring no positive results.
Customized resumes, on the other hand, are very brief editions of the master resume that are designed while keeping the needs of the employer in mind.
Below are 2+ library assistant resume samples for your further guidance in this regard.
Library Assistant Resume Sample 1
|45 Everest Blvd • Cincinnati, OH 86404
(006) 333-5214 • [Email]
Highly accomplished and industrious library paraprofessional with hands-on experience in performing clerical duties associated with library and media center. Analytical minded; competent in record keeping, source referencing and material location. Substantial knowledge of contemporary standard library practices, procedures, and equipment. Full command of the Dewey decimal classification system.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
– Shelf Stocking
– Publisher Information
– Membership Issuance
– Material Circulation
– Report Writing
– Reading Advisory
|– Inventory Management
– Late Fine Collection
– File Retrieval
✓ Reduced material location time by 7 minutes per inquiry through the implementation of an effective cataloging system.
✓ Organized two high-level community services projects at the library successfully aimed at spreading awareness regarding the importance of literacy.
✓ Acquired automated referencing software for the library, installed it in all available systems and conducted tutorials to guide users regarding same.
PUBLIC LIBRARY, Cincinnati, OH | 5/2011 to Present
- Keep a record of all materials issued and checked-in to the library including the media section.
- Assist visitors in locating the required materials.
- Maintain all shelves in neat and clean order and uphold all soft copy data files in a readily retrievable manner.
- Conduct bibliographic checking and maintain an updated version of the publisher’s catalog.
WHITMAN COLLEGE, Cincinnati, OH | 7/2008 to 4/2011
- Handled the circulation desk and took responsibility for the library operations during evening hours and weekends.
- Responded to directional and location inquiries regarding resource material.
- Assisted the patrons in the usage of printers, photocopy machines, and library media equipment.
- Facilitated the students and teachers in generating appropriately formatted references to resources used.
Ohio State University, Cincinnati, OH | 2008
B.S. Degree in Library Sciences
Library Assistant Resume Sample 2
389 Windsong Drive | Henderson, NV 73636 | (902) 911-4125 | Email
Bringing expertise in library resource management to provide quality patron services.
- Over three years’ experience as a Library Assistant
- Highly skilled in providing support to library patrons in regards to circulation and readers’ advisory services
- Well versed in complex methods to locate resources for patrons
- Hands on experience in information retrieval and general library management
- Computer – Exceptional expertise in MS Office Suite
- Bilingual – Able to communicate in English and Spanish
- Proven ability to work with all types of library materials
- Profound organizational skills
- Able to work with a diverse group of people
• Reorganized the library retrieval system by managing an alphabetical sequence
• Organized readers’ groups to encourage young readers’ participation and interest in libraries
RELATED WORK EXPERIENCE
Sedenton Public Library, Henderson, NV | Apr 2015 – Present
- Code library books and other equipment
- Check for books and other materials in and out
- Maintain records of all checks in and checks out
- Assist patrons in using library material effectively
AER Library, Henderson, NV | Jun 2013 – Apr 2015
- Troubleshoot and maintained library resources
- Provided answers to fundamental reference questions
- Repaired and replaced damaged items
- Shopped for new books and resources as and when required
Grocery Store Clerk
Metro, San Diego, CA | Oct 2008 – May 2013
- Greeted customers and helped them locate needed items
- Provided outstanding customer service using a friendly attitude and excellent communication skills
- Generated bills, and handled cash and credit card transactions
Rhodes University, Henderson, NV | 2007
Bachelor of Science in Library Sciences
- Library Assistant Interview
- Recommendation Letter for Library Assistant
- Library Assistant Resume Less Experience