Resumes for the school library assistant position should be written to give a positive, professional impression as it is an advertising tool.
Each resume needs to have a sense of purpose, and focus on achievements.
Do you know of the 20-second rule?
In most instances, the employer will reject a resume if it does not grab his attention within 20 seconds.
So if you are applying for a school library assistant position, make sure that your resume is an instant hit.
Take a look at the following resume sample for a school library assistant position for reference:
211 N Ridge Avenue, Tifton, GA 62236
deerad @ email . com
School Library Assistant
A versatile and hardworking individual with 5+ years’ experience in supporting functions of school information centers. Excellent communication skills and a proven ability to work with key contacts to obtain library materials.
• Deep know-how of maintaining information center budgets and accounting reports.
• Special talent for using automated tracking systems and computerized library software.
• Functional ability to formulate search requests by utilizing system-appropriate language.
• Comprehensive knowledge of library services and systems along with performing comparative analysis.
- Issuing and returning library’s stock
- Shelving books and stock
- New material processing
- Helping users find material
- Returned books inspection
- Records cataloging
- Vendor relations
• Introduced a new loss prevention method that decreased percentage of lost books and materials by 33%..
• Conducted 18 library workshops resulting in increased student readership.
• Implemented an automated books tracking system that decreased follow up time by 30%.
Thomas Elementary School, Tifton, GA | 2015-Present
• Receive and respond to students’ inquiries regarding books, periodicals, and other information
• Assist students in locating books and performing online research
• Escort students to choice of aisles and inquire if they need additional help
• Perform circulation desk activities such as checking out books
• Follow up on overdue books by contacting students and class teachers in case of no show
• Take new students’ information and create and issue library cards
• Process library books by placing barcodes and sensitization strips on them
• Promote library services by reaching out to students through workshops and book readings
• Plan and install cultural exhibits for library events
The New School, Tifton, GA | 2012-2015
• Assisted in issuing books to students and following up on overdue books
• Collected student information and issued corresponding library cards
• Provided support in organizing library workshops and events
• Instructed students in using automated library services and programs
• Coordinated with book vendors and suppliers and ensure a constant supply of books
• Ensured the cleanliness and neatness of bookshelves
• Replaced torn books immediately
B.S. Library Science
Georgia State University, Tifton, GA – 2012
• Library Management System
• Microsoft Office Suite