Whether you are an experienced job seeker or a fresh entry-level graduate; if your resume is smartly written, it can portray you in a favorable light.
If you are a beginner, seeking a position as a library assistant but don’t know how to cover up for lack of experience in your resume, you will find the following tips helpful.
1. Skills-Based Format
To bring the employer’s focus to your potential, it is best to opt for a skills-based resume.
This format highlights your transferable skills in detail, leaving a positive first impression on prospective employers.
Highlight the practical aspects of your education. Mention your courses and elaborate on any real-life project you did well as a student.
Although many resume experts discourage candidates from adding an interests section, at the same time, it can convey some of your transferable capabilities. Utilize this opportunity smartly.
Below is a library assistant resume sample for entry-level candidates having no experience in hand.
Sample Entry Level Library Assistant Resume With No Experience
73 Daffodil Ave, Atlanta, GA 54303, (004) 333-2222, [Email]
Poised to outperform in general library support tasks.
User service-oriented and energetic library science graduate, seeking a Library Assistant position at Georgia State University where my skills in book cataloging, referral bibliography checking, and publisher sourcing could be used.
HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Proven ability to maintain accurate manual/digital records.
• Substantial knowledge of contemporary publisher sourcing, library inventory maintenance, and bookkeeping practices.
• Proficient in various referencing and citation styles including APA, MLA, Harvard, Chicago, and the like.
• Demonstrated ability to assist patrons in locating materials.
• Efficient in shelving and filing of books.
Associate of Science in Library Sciences
Georgia State University, Atlanta, GA | 2022
• Microsoft Excel, Word
• Library Software, Internet, Email
• Automated Library Systems, Online circulation
• Conducted a mini cataloging project utilizing the Dewey Decimal System
• Implemented an automatic library management software at the media library as part of coursework which was highly commended by professors and librarian
• Book Reading
• Adventure Sports (Hiking, swimming, and camping)
• Online Gaming
• Technical: Proficient in the use of printers and photocopy machines
• Bilingual: English/Spanish
• Opening/closing the facility