Whether you are experienced job seeker or a fresh entry-level graduate; if your resume is smartly written, it can portray you in a favorable light.
If you are a beginner, seeking a position as a library assistant but don’t know how to cover up for lack of experience in your resume, you will find the following tips helpful.
To bring the employer’s focus to your potential, it is best to opt for a skills-based resume.
This format highlights your transferable skills in detail, leaving a positive first impression on the prospective employers.
Highlight the practical aspects of your education. Mention your courses and elaborate any real-life project you did well in as a student.
Although many resume experts discourage candidates from adding an interests section, at the same time, it can convey some of your transferable capabilities. Utilize this opportunity smartly.
Below is a library assistant resume sample for entry-level candidates having no experience in hand.
Library Assistant Resume With No Experience
73 Daffodil Ave • Atlanta, GA 54303 • (004) 333-2222 • [Email]
Poised to outperform in general library support tasks.
User service-oriented and energetic library science graduate, seeking a Library Assistant position at Georgia State University where thorough skills in books cataloging, referral bibliography checking and publisher sourcing could be put to immediate productive use.
HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Proven ability to maintain accurate manual/digital records
• Substantial knowledge of contemporary publisher sourcing, library inventory maintenance, and bookkeeping practices
• Proficient in various referencing and citation styles including APA, MLA, Harvard, Chicago and the like
• Demonstrated ability to assist patrons in locating materials
• Efficient in shelving and filing of books
Associate of Science in Library Sciences
Georgia State University, Atlanta, GA | 2017
• Microsoft Excel, Word
• Library Software, Internet, Email
• Automated Library Systems, On-line circulation
• Conducted a mini cataloging project utilizing the Dewey Decimal System
• Implemented an automatic library management software at the media library as part of coursework which was highly commended by professors and librarian
• Book Reading
• Adventure Sports (Hiking, swimming, and camping)
• Online Gaming
• Technical: Proficient in the use of printers and photocopy machines
• Bilingual: English/Spanish
• Opening/closing the facility