Letter carriers are required to deliver mail to and from specific locations including residences and businesses.
They sort and organize mail in accordance with the route that they are assigned to follow.
If you are looking for a job to be a letter carrier, the following resume sample may assist you in writing your job application more efficiently.
See also: Mail Carrier Resume Sample
Letter Carrier Resume Example
9622 West Drive | Penticton, BC V2A 7Z5 | (000) 919-9999 | Email
Bringing exceptional skills in delivering and sorting mail to manage the smooth flow of mail delivery operations.
10+ years’ unbeaten track record of sorting, carrying and delivering mail and letters. Highly skilled in operating portable communication devices to aide mailing activities, and maintaining and safeguarding all mail items.
Efficiently completes and maintains relevant reports and documentation. A team player who works well independently as well as collaboratively. Bilingual: English and Spanish.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Customer service-orientated approach
- Able to multitask
- Highly organized
- Thorough understanding of the sensitive nature of mail delivery
- Physically dexterous
- Ability to work in adverse weather conditions
- Arranged the mail in and mail out the system to manage easy sorting of incoming and outgoing mail.
- Introduced an interactive system that centralized mail information for easy information dissemination.
TOD Mail Carriers, Penticton, BC | July 2011 – Present
- Sort and organize incoming mail
- Deliver mail items to designated addresses
- Pick up mail items for delivery
- Load and unload mail on the vehicle
TOD Mail Carriers, Penticton, BC | May 2007 – July 2011
- Drove company’s vehicle to deliver parcels and mail
- Acquired payments for CODs
- Acquired signatures for all delivered mail items
High School Diploma
City High School, Vancouver, BC | 2006
- Microsoft Office Applications
- Mailroom software