A functional or skills resume, as the title suggests, is one which focuses more on the candidate’s skills and less on the chronological work history.
Functional resumes come in handy when the candidate is looking to switch a job. Also, if you have some years missing from your worth mentioning experience, a functional resume might be a smart choice, since it is designed to lift focus from work history and set it onto the skills.
A functional or skills based resume for Legal Assistant is basically a summary of your competencies and states what you can do instead of what you have been doing previously.
Following is a good example of a functional resume for the position of legal assistant. Utilize this free example to create your own.
Related : Legal Assistant Resume
Functional Resume Sample for Legal Assistant Position
6788 North Bell Drive, Canfield, TX 44920 ☏ (000) 444-6666 ✉ joyce.k @ email . com
OBJECTIVE: To work for C & C Associates in capacity of a legal assistant employing extensive knowledge and expertise in business related lawful practices, for ensuring smooth running of the company’s legal affairs.
• High level expertise in provision of legal assistance including creating, handling and processing of legal documents
• Proven ability of financial risk analysis and budget management
• In-depth knowledge of fulfilling pre requisites for legal filing
• Demonstrated high quality attorney assistance in managing legal files and documents
• A sound record of meeting time targets and exceeding employer expectations
• Proven ability in grasping and following complex instructions quickly and accurately
• Functional computer skills in MS Office
• Provided fruitful legal assistance to the company that helped Tim Co in resolution of four pending cases successfully
• Independently searched for and endowed the attorney at ABC enterprises with well filed and organized documents needed for updated legal filing related to cases up till three years back
• Implemented a computerized legal financial report generating software at HSBC which was also adopted at some other branches later
• Introduced a whole new system of recording legal memos for every deal at Tim Co
• Implemented operational risk control methods at HSBC’s five nationwide branches and trained a team of seven operational managers regarding the same
• Maintained professional correspondence in person, via phone and mail with permanent clients and gathered all client data timely, needed for legal security of the company
Legal Advisor | HSBC, New York | Sep 2011 – Present
Legal Secretary | Tim Co, Boston | Aug 2010 – Aug 2011
Property Manager | ABC enterprises, New York | Oct 2009 – Jul 2010
Certificate of legal assistance | Hunter College, New York | 2009
BS in Law | University College, New York | 2008