Cafe management is a demanding job. In addition to an analytical and organized personality, it also demands outgoing interpersonal skills and professional public dealing expertise.
A café manager needs to be a multi-tasker, with the ability to keep a record of everything while dealing with day to day café customer and employee-related issues.
In your resume for a cafe manager position, your communication and managerial skills need to be highlighted equally along with some financial know-how of running a catering business. Include a separate section of your relevant accomplishments.
Following is a sample of the café manager’s resume to assist you in the job hunting process.
Cafe Manager Resume Example
32-513 Hensley Drive, Carlton, MN 66743
(000) 303-3003, Email
Self-driven and energetic Cafe Manager with 8+ years of firsthand experience in cafeteria settings. Track record of effective staff management and a thorough knowledge of café running and associated duties. Exceptional analytical approach with the ability to maintain records in a very organized manner. Gifted with effective problem-solving capabilities and vibrant team-building acumen.
PERFORMANCE HIGHLIGHTS & ACHIEVEMENTS AS A CAFE MANAGER
• Assisted in changing the outlook of the dining area by closely communicating with the architects, interior designers, and the contractor.
• Devised many student-friendly lunchtimes and dinner deals resulting in enhanced sales.
• Handled three major events at the café successfully involving 300 plus customers at a time.
• Trained twenty attendants and waiters.
• Hospitality protocols
• Record keeping
• Decision making
• MS Office applications
• Bilingual: English and Spanish
Cafe Manager | Sep 2015 – Present
Coffee Blaze Café, Carlton, MN
• Coordinate with customers and staff on daily basis, forward any issues of concern to senior management
• Ensure proper implementation of safety, hygiene and sanitation standards at the café dining and kitchen area
• Schedule staff shifts and duties, arrange substitute duties in case of any staff absence or leave
• Monitor and supervise the attendants and ensure quality delivery of customer services
• Keep the building, seating area, kitchen equipment, and workstations functional, updated, and maintained
• Proven ability to meet deadlines
• Schedule shifts and balance workload
Assistant Manager | Jan 2005 – Sep 2015
Kiwi’s Café, Dakota, MN
• Assisted in premises maintenance tasks
• Supervised the customer services and order booking counters, ensuring implementation of proper hospitality services
• Managed kitchen and attending staff shifts
• Greeted the guests at the reception counter personally during rush hours
• Ensured the smooth café running within budget
• Performed profit-loss analysis
• Set business targets for the cafe team
BS in Culinary Management | 2010
South West Minnesota State University, MN