Cafe management is a demanding job. In addition to an analytical and organized personality, it also demands outgoing interpersonal skills and professional public dealing expertise.
A café manager needs to be multi-tasker, with the ability of keeping record of everything while dealing with day to day café customer and employee related issues.
In your resume for a cafe manager position, your communication and managerial skills need to be highlighted equally along with some financial know how of running a catering business. Include a separate section of your relevant accomplishments.
Following is a sample of café manager resume to assist you in job hunting process.
Cafe Manager Resume Example
Apt 609, Hensley Drive, Carlton, MN 66743
(000) 303-3003, Email
Self driven and energetic Cafe Manager with 8+ years of progressive experience in cafeteria settings. Track record of effective staff management and a thorough knowledge of café running and associated duties.
Exceptional analytical approach with the ability to maintain records in a very organized manner. Gifted with effective problem solving capabilities and vibrant team leading acumen.
• Proven ability to meet deadlines
• Demonstrated effective management skills including shift scheduling, balancing of workload and managing the staff
• Ability to ensure smooth café running within budget
• Profit loss analysis, setting of business targets for the team and meeting them by month end
• Assisted in changing the outlook of the dining area by closely communicating with the architects, interior designers and the contractor
• Devised many student friendly lunch times and dinner deals resulting in enhanced sales
• Handled three major events at the café successfully involving 300 plus customers at a time
• Trained twenty attendants and waiters
Café Manager | Sep 2010 – Present
Coffee Blaze Café, Carlton, MN
• Coordinate with customers and staff on daily basis, forward any issues of concern to senior management
• Ensure proper implementation of safety, hygiene and sanitation standards at the café dining and kitchen area
• Schedule staff shifts and duties, arrange substitute duties in case of any staff absence or leave
• Monitor and supervise the attendants and ensure quality delivery of customer services
• Keep the building, seating area, kitchen equipment and work stations functional, updated and maintained
Assistant Manager | Jan 2005 – Sep 2010
Kiwi’s Café, Dakota, MN
• Assisted in premises maintenance tasks
• Supervised the customer services and order booking counters, ensuring implementation of proper hospitality services
• Managed kitchen and attending staff shifts
• Greeted the guests at the reception counter personally during rush hours
BS in Culinary Management | 2010
South West Minnesota State University, MN
• Customer dealing with knowhow of hospitality protocols
• Record keeping
• Multitasking with good decision making
• MS Office applications
• Bilingual: English and Spanish