A number of times, job seekers limit their job searches to newspapers and websites. Do you know that you can also look for general labor jobs on a company’s profile on Facebook or LinkedIn?
Most companies have social media profiles through which they communicate with their customers – these profiles also have links to careers sections though which you can easily send in your resume.
But whichever avenue you use to apply for a job, one thing remains constant – the need for a profoundly written general labor resume, which has the potential of reaching out to the reader in a dramatic manner.
The opening, the content and how you end your resume, all have significant importance. From the time that you write a summary of qualifications to the time when you end your resume with education information, everything holds significance.
The following resume sample will guide you how to write a great resume for general labor position.
General Labor Resume Example
378 Bakertown Road ● Odessa, MO 69273 ● (000) 142-7454 ● firstname.lastname@example.org
Poised to outperform the job functions with a high degree of accuracy.
Energized, hardworking and self-motivated General Labor with solid experience in construction and maintenance work in varied arenas. Willing learner who is able to follow instructions well and work independently as well as a part of a team. Demonstrated ability to clean and prepare job sites for specific construction projects.
• Excellent skills in setting up and taking down scaffolding and other temporary structures.
• Well-versed in providing logistical support to carpenters, masons and specialized contractors.
• Special talent for controlling traffic at road construction site by setting up barricades, traffic cones and markers.
|• Physical dexterity||• Hand-eye coordination||• Hand and power tools|
|• Communication||• Workplace safety||• Time management|
|• Team building||• Service machines||• Laser guidance equipment|
|• Drill pressing||• Bricklaying||• Shipping/receiving|
• Independently erected a complex scaffolding structure for a huge part of a construction project.
• Averted a probable pileup on a main highway by suggesting that markers be placed at least half a mile away.
• Repaired 82 potholes within 3 days, which was well within the 4 day deadline period.
• Reduced storage costs for lumbar by 22% by suggesting use of an old, unused shed for storage purposes.
G & K Services, Odessa, MO | 6/2014 to Present
• Clear job sites of debris and hazardous materials to prepare it for construction processes.
• Clean and lubricate equipment used in construction work.
• Set out tools for construction workers to use and put them away at the end of the day.
• Load and unload items from delivery trucks and ensure that they are appropriately set out for use.
• Locate parts, tag them and record information including gauge readings and manufacturing timings.
• Identify defective parts and isolate them so that they can be returned to the manufacturer.
• Handle inventory of parts and equipment and procure supplies by creating and maintaining effective relationships with vendors.
• Assist workers in erecting scaffoldings and mix cement and mortar in predefined consistencies.
• Pump out septic tanks and clean water tanks of buildings.
• Ascertain that equipment and tools are kept cleaned and maintained.
• Operate basic power and hand tools such as mowers, snow blowers and brush cutters.
Universal Forest Products, Odessa, KY | 1/2013 to 5/2014
• Assisted laborers in cleaning construction sites by clearing debris and hazardous materials.
• Set out tools and equipment for workers to use and ensured that they are in proper working order.
• Cleaned and performed preventative maintenance on tools and equipment.
• Assisted in setting up scaffolding and mixing materials such as cement and mortar.
• Received materials from suppliers and ensured that a proper inventory was maintained.
Odessa Pubic School, Odessa, KY | 2008
High School Diploma
Last updated on