When reading a cover letter for a general labor position, hiring managers generally need to know what you can do for them.
For that reason, write your letter to enlighten the recruiter about your relevant skills, experience, and qualifications.
Talking about the prospective employer’s needs in a general labor cover letter can be very useful.
You will be saving the employer’s time by writing what they need to know directly, thus creating a favorable light for yourself.
A general labor position might have many varied duties associated with the role.
Find out the responsibilities this potential employer requires and mention the relevant qualifications from your profile.
Keeping the letter short, brief, and straightforward is equally essential.
Do not exceed more than a page in length, and whatever you are writing, make sure it is not in contradiction with any information your resume has showcased.
See also: General Laborer Cover Letter
General Labor Cover Letter Example 1
677 Fisherman’s Lane, Denver, CO 79322
edward @ email . com
April 29, 2021
Mr. Alex Timothy
Yale Construction Company
706 JB Blvd
Denver, CO 79322
Dear Mr. Timothy:
If you are looking for a success-driven General Labor with a verifiable track record, look no further. My 9+ years of work experience as a general laborer at various construction sites, warehouses, and large facilities will prove to be an asset to the Yale Construction Company.
Some of the skills and expertise I bring to the position include:
- Well-versed in the usage of various hand tools and machines used in construction, grounds keeping, and warehouse labor tasks.
- Working knowledge of all safety guidelines and policies applicable to laborer work including HVAC guidelines and safety gear knowledge.
- Remarkable physical stamina; able to lift up to 60 lbs with a track record of working efficiently outdoors in difficult weather conditions.
Having excellent interpersonal skills, I am comfortable working within a team. My resume is enclosed for your perusal.
I excitedly look forward to meeting with you to discuss your needs and my related skills in detail. I’ll call you next week to obtain an interview date and time. In the interim, if you have any questions regarding my qualifications, please contact me at (000) 951-9565.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
General Labor Cover Letter Sample 2
241 Oak Street
Schell City, MO 21021
Ryan @ email . com
April 29, 2021
Mr. Lector Smith
Human Resources Manager
Universal Forest Products
64 River Road
Schell City, MO 28475
Dear Mr. Smith:
Would a person who has 6+ years of experience as a general laborer in the construction and production arena be of interest to you? If yes, then I believe that I have many qualifications to contribute to Universal Forest Products.
I offer the following qualifications to contribute to your bottom line:
- Adept at operating basic hand and power tools in a safe and efficient manner.
- Special talent for mixing and pumping concrete and plaster according to specifically defined procedures.
- Extensive knowledge of reading blueprints and construction designs, aimed at ensuring optimal construction support.
- Skilled in servicing machines such as compressors, pumps, generators, and tractors.
If your goal is to hire someone who has the capacity to provide physical and tactical support to construction workers, then I am your candidate!
To discuss this further, let’s meet in person so that we can mutually comprehend each other’s goals. I will call your office to secure a possible interview time. Please feel free to contact me at (000) 333-1543 if you need further information regarding my qualifications for the job.
Thank you very much for your time and consideration.
Benefits of a General Labor Cover Letter
Here are a few benefits that cover letters provide to your candidature:
- You leave interviews on the table if you skip cover letters so make sure that you always send in one.
- Resumes are seldom read, cover letters are always read.
- Cover letters target the employers’ needs immediately and showcase your attractive personality.
- As a means of communication, cover letters provide employers with information on how good you are at communicating with others.