A resume is a 1-page document that is required to apply for general jobs. Here are some guidelines that will help you write your resume for a general worker position:
- Use a consistent format, a clear layout, and a standard font style.
- Arrange it in a manner that your greatest strengths come first.
- Use descriptive job titles where possible
- Say more about your achievements rather than a job description.
- Write short and simple phrases.
- Avoid using paragraphs or long sentences.
Following is a sample resume for general worker jobs.
General Jobs Resume Sample
Richmond, VA 43002
Sound construction acumen, strong teamwork acumen, and time-management abilities.
Constructive and tactful General Worker with 13+ years of hands-on experience in repairing and maintenance tasks. Demonstrated proficiency in clearing and preparing construction sites using power drills, concrete grinders, and electric saws. Particularly effective in building demolition and operating material-breaking equipment and machinery.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
– Trench Digging – Retaining Walls
– Loading / Unloading – Railway Construction
– Garden Planning – Tools Maintenance
– Scaffolding – Concrete Finishing
– Debris Removal – Bricklaying
– Blowtorch/ Welding – Cement Mixing
A TO Z, Richmond, VA
• Fix a problem with the cement mixer manually saving $15000 for the repair cost.
• Direct and control traffic proficiently for a week single-handedly around a site undergoing demolition.
• Operate power drills, mixers, saws, and blasters for construction work as required
• Maintain all equipment in clean and functional condition
• Smoothen the earth using rakes, shovels, and power tools
• Receive and unload construction material from delivery trucks and fill in relevant inventories
Wally Contractors, Richmond, VA
• Planted a huge garden for a renovated plaza with big lawns.
• Filled in for the forklift operator on leave and worked effectively in his place for two months.
• Assisted in drilling and blasting
• Cleaned the construction site on a daily basis and disposed of debris
• Directed the traffic near and around construction sites
General Educational Equivalency Diploma
ABC School, Richmond, VA, 2005
Class B Commercial Driver’s License with a clean driving record
• Good physical stamina and dexterity
• Bilingual: Fluent in Spanish and English
• Ability to read, write and follow instructions
• Exceptional eye-hand coordination