Here are some guidelines that will facilitate you as you write your resume for a general worker position:
• Use a consistent format, clear layout and a common font style
• What information should come first should be decided upon strategically. Arrange it in a manner that your greatest strengths come first
• While mentioning experience, use descriptive job titles where possible and save the space for mentioning more of your achievements rather than wasting it on detailed job description
• Do not use articles, pronouns or helping verbs. Just write short, general phrases
• Keep the total length exactly one page if not under
• Avoid using paragraphs or long sentences
Following is a sample resume for general worker jobs.
Sample Resume for General Jobs
390 Elm Street • Richmond, VA 43002 • (008) 333 – 2222 • collin @ email . com
Bringing sound construction skills, strong teamwork acumen, and time-management abilities.
SUMMARY: Constructive and tactful general worker with a demonstrated proficiency in clearing and preparing construction sites using power drills, concrete grinder and electric saws. 8+ years of hands on experience in repairing and maintenance tasks. Particularly effective in providing building tear down assistance and operating material-breaking equipment and machinery.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
|Trench Digging||Retaining Walls||Loading / Unloading|
|Railway Construction||Garden Planning||Tools Maintenance|
|Scaffolding||Concrete Finishing||Debris Removal|
|Bricklaying||Blowtorch/ Welding||Cement Mixing|
• Fixed a problem with cement mixer manually saving 15000$ repair cost.
• Directed and controlled traffic proficiently for a week single handedly around a site undergoing demolition.
• Planted a huge garden for a renovated plaza with big lawns.
• Filled in for the forklift operator on leave and worked effectively in his place for 2 months.
A TO Z CONTRUCTION COMPANY, Richmond, VA
General Worker, 7/2009 to Present
• Operate power drills, mixers, saws and blasters for construction work as required
• Maintain all equipment in clean and functional condition
• Smoothen the earth using rakes, shovels and power tools
• Receive and unload construction material from delivery trucks and fill in relevant inventories
WALLY CONTRUCTORS, Richmond, VA
Helping Laborer, 3/2005 to 6/2009
• Assisted in drilling and blasting
• Cleaned the construction site on daily basis and disposed debris
• Directed the traffic near and around construction sites
GED PREP ACADEMY, Richmond, VA, 2005
General Educational Equivalency Diploma
• Good physical stamina and dexterity
• Bilingual: Fluent in Spanish and English
• Ability to read, write and follow instructions
• Exceptional eye hand coordination
• Class B commercial Driver’s License holder with clean driving record
Last updated on