Here are some guidelines that will facilitate you as you write your resume for a general worker position:
• Use a consistent format, clear layout, and a standard font style
• What information should come first should be decided upon strategically. Arrange it in a manner that your greatest strengths come first
• While mentioning experience, use descriptive job titles where possible and save the space for saying more of your achievements rather than wasting it on a detailed job description
• Do not use articles, pronouns or helping verbs. Just write short, general phrases
• Keep the total length precisely one page if not under
• Avoid using paragraphs or long sentences
Following is a sample resume for a general worker jobs.
General Jobs Resume Sample
390 Elm Street, Richmond, VA 43002
Bringing sound construction skills, strong teamwork acumen, and time-management abilities.
Constructive and tactful General Worker with 13+ years’ hands-on experience in repairing and maintenance tasks. Demonstrated proficiency in clearing and preparing construction sites using power drills, concrete grinder, and electric saws. Particularly effective in building demolition and operating material-breaking equipment and machinery.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
|– Trench Digging||– Retaining Walls||– Loading / Unloading|
|– Railway Construction||– Garden Planning||– Tools Maintenance|
|– Scaffolding||– Concrete Finishing||– Debris Removal|
|– Bricklaying||– Blowtorch/ Welding||– Cement Mixing|
• Fixed a problem with cement mixer manually saving 15000$ repair cost.
• Directed and controlled traffic proficiently for a week single-handedly around a site undergoing demolition.
• Planted a huge garden for a renovated plaza with big lawns.
• Filled in for the forklift operator on leave and worked effectively in his place for two months.
A TO Z CONSTRUCTION COMPANY, Richmond, VA 2010-present
• Operate power drills, mixers, saws and blasters for construction work as required
• Maintain all equipment in clean and functional condition
• Smoothen the earth using rakes, shovels and power tools
• Receive and unload construction material from delivery trucks and fill in relevant inventories
WALLY CONTRACTORS, Richmond, VA 2005-2010
• Assisted in drilling and blasting
• Cleaned the construction site on daily basis and disposed debris
• Directed the traffic near and around construction sites
GED PREP ACADEMY, Richmond, VA, 2005
General Educational Equivalency Diploma
Class B Commercial Driver’s License holder with clean driving record
• Good physical stamina and dexterity
• Bilingual: Fluent in Spanish and English
• Ability to read, write and follow instructions
• Exceptional eye-hand coordination
Last updated on