Creating professional job descriptions can be a tricky task.
The appropriate selection of your future employee depends significantly on the job descriptions communicated and the tone in which they are communicated.
Job descriptions must be crafted using simple language, not too technical that they become nonunderstandable.
Here is a sample job description for Vocational Case Manager position.
Vocational Case Manager Duties and Responsibilities
• Carry-out career assessments, identify vocational strengths, analyze vocational and educational records and determine employability field for the candidate.
• Develop independent vocational cases and devise a suitable long-term vocational plan for the client; coordinate with employers for the return to work candidates
• Identify work readiness and transferable skills and advise a suitable profession for the client based on the vocational case file
• Assist clients in resolving any mental/physical health issues and work place conflicts to enhance job retention
• Motivate young clients to pursue their career with dedication and persistence; facilitate job placement and training process
• Identify each client’s barriers to continued employment and help the client in overcoming those barriers; set up long term employment goals for the client and monitor the client in pursuit of those goals
• Complete all necessary documentation for the vocational file
• Communicate with the previous and prospective employers to gain a deeper insight into the case
• Effectively interact with program participants, NYC employers, program development coordinators and insurance policy controllers in order to come up with successful long term vocational rehabilitation programs for the participants
• CRC (Commission on Rehabilitation Counselor) Certification or equivalent
• Minimum one year of experience in the field of vocational rehabilitation (References/ Credentials required)
• Bachelors degree in rehabilitation counseling, counseling psychology, counseling and social change or any other relevant field
Skills & Abilities
• Bilingual (Spanish/English)
• Excellent communication and ICT skills
• Command on vocational assessment
• Knowledge of NYC vocational rehabilitation policy
Last updated on