A resume is basically a marketing tool, which furnishes you with a chance to sell your skills and expertise in return for an interview call from a prospective employer.
A well-crafted resume of a commercial painter must give a professional look in order to win a promising project or paint job.
In the resumes for skilled labor like painters, skills and experience need much more highlighting than the education section. It is advisable to mention all the acquired commercial painting skills in organized bullets to make an impressive image.
You can also seek professional help from experienced resume writers to create your resume. Following is a sample resume of a commercial painter.
Commercial Painter Resume Example
826 Argonne Street ♦ Newark, DE 19711 ♦ (122) 666-7777 ♦ [Email]
Extremely talented and dependable painter with more than eight years of experience in commercial painting; expert in interior and exterior painting of buildings; a guru of priming, color mixing and matching; Immaculate knowledge regarding commercial painting techniques and safety procedures.
• Well versed in all facets of professional painting and touch ups
• Expert in using of hand and power painting tools
• Adept at priming, seizing, sealing and varnish
• Knowledge of standard commercial painting procedures
• Demonstrated ability to read, write and follow instructions
• Well aware of state-approved safety policies and procedures regarding commercial painting
Rock Line Tank building, Newark DE | 2007 – 2013
• Painted assigned number of tanks daily, ensuring the internal color seal
• Inspected the building monthly and performed touch ups where required
• Maintained record of all painting material purchases
• Supervised wood polish and varnish in the building
• Kept the work area neat and clean; maintained brushes and paint boxes in excellent condition, ready to work
• Measured the area to be painted and estimated paint costs
• Prepared surface to be painted by scraping and sanding
• Trained two newly hired inexperienced painters in priming, mixing, blending and applying paint
• Performed any repair work assigned
Independent Painter | 2003 – 2007
• Took up various painting projects including houses, schools, and offices; interior and exterior
• Completed a project wherein I served as a valuable member of the team that painted 50 ships for launching
• Executed several projects that involved the use of wood techniques like seizing, painting and polishing wooden furniture
High School Diploma (2005)
Caesar Rodney High School, DE
• Own a reliable vehicle for transport to and from the work site
• Possess personal basic painting hand tools kit