Every establishment needs the services of maintenance or janitorial staff to ensure the cleanliness of the place.
Since customers and visitors largely judge companies by how well they are maintained, it is important to hire the right people, especially where janitorial supervisors are concerned.
The work of janitors includes cleaning floors by mopping, sweeping, scrubbing and vacuuming.
This is not all that they do; they gather and empty trash and also ensure that bathrooms are washed down and sanitized using appropriate procedures.
Depending on their individual job description provided by the employer, maintenance janitors clean and polish furniture and fixtures and also perform general maintenance tasks on equipment and machinery.
People who work as supervisors in this capacity are required to ensure that the work carried out by the janitorial and maintenance staff is done so in an appropriate way and in accordance to the company’s safety rules.
They also make sure that every part of the company is cleaned and machinery is maintained in accordance with the training provided.
Maintenance Janitorial Supervisor Job Description
• Inspect buildings for possible repair and maintenance needs assessment
• Ensure that the janitorial staff is following appropriate cleaning and maintenance procedures
• Make sure that each janitorial staff member has been provided task list on a daily basis
• Monitory building security by ensuring lockdown at the end of the day
• Supervise mixing and use of dangerous cleaning materials such as acid
• Perform supervision tasks in order to ensure that janitorial staff has completed daily assigned tasks
• Interview, hire and train janitorial staff and place them in different jobs
• Provide new and existing staff with instructions on maintenance and cleaning tasks
• Ensure that each employee has understood safety procedures outlined during training procedures
• Ensure prevention of hazards by making sure that the maintenance staff performs both general and preventative maintenance on machines and equipment
See also: Janitorial Supervisor Resume
Maintenance Janitorial Worker Job Description
• Clean building floors by employing scrubbing, sweeping and mopping techniques
• Collect trash from trash receptacles and dispose of it properly
• Shampoo, steam clean and vacuum carpets
• Clean glass windows and doors
• Dust furniture and walls and restore any damaged interior such as walls and electrical fixtures
• Polish floors and clean chimneys
• Clean and maintain pipes, machines, and equipment
• Mix detergents or acids in accordance with safety instructions
• Move heavy furniture or equipment in accordance with instructions provided
• Make adjustments to cooling and heating systems
Related: Maintenance Janitorial Resume