Information technology keeps us on our toes.
And if you are an IT technician, looking for a first job, you do not need to worry about getting it. Why?
Because a newbie is a great hire for employers who want an employee who understands new technology. But you will have to write a resume in order to convince the hiring authority to hire you.
Typically, a resume for an IT technician position should border on overflowing with experience. Not yours though. At the entry-level, you can pretty much depend on your skills, and be done with it!
To see how you can write a resume for an IT technician position when you have no experience, have a look at the following sample:
Entry Level IT Resume No Experience
12 Great Road, Minot, ND 12123
Tech-savvy IT graduate with exceptional skills in diagnosing, repairing and maintaining hardware and software components. Competent in installing and configuring systems, and serving as the primary point of contact. Familiar with handling upgrading tasks.
Bachelor of Information Technology
North Dakota State University, Minot, ND – 2022
- Computer Architecture
- Organizational Behaviour
- Operating Systems
- Switching and Routing
- Object-Oriented Programming
- Database Design and Modeling
- Wireless Communication Systems
- Computer and Network Security
- Unix/Linux Operating Systems
- WAN Technologies
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
- System Setup
- Peripherals Management
- Preventative Maintenance
- Installation and Configuration
- User Support
- Backup Management
- Technical Documentation Management
The Mainframe, Minot, ND
3/2022 – 5/2022
• Installed both hardware and software on new systems
• Repaired damaged systems, and provided suggestions to replace components when needed
• Set up workstations and peripheral devices
• Configured software, and assisted users in understanding how to run it
• Upgraded systems and software as instructed
• Developed and maintained networks in order to optimize performance
• Maintained records and logs of repair and maintenance work
• Spearheaded a beach cleanup project, leading 20 volunteers on a 9-day mission
• Volunteered services to Bates Orphanage for 2 summers
English, French, and Italian