In these days of constantly booming technologies and associated threats, it is important for organizations to hire cyber security specialists to help fight cybercrime.
If you want to apply for this position, your resume needs to stand out from the rest of the people applying for the same job.
In your resume for a cybersecurity specialist position, make sure that you highlight your knowledge of developing programs and policies to manage data and information breach issues.
Also, mention your skills and experience in implementing cohesive program activities to ensure that risks are recognized and dealt with immediately.
To see what you can write in your Cyber Security Specialist resume, take a look at the following sample:
Cyber Security Specialist Resume Example
640 Teller Street, Columbia, SC20121
Technology-savvy individual, with over 10 years of experience in developing and implementing organizational IT security strategies. Highly skilled in determining the best ways to protect and secure IT infrastructures. Able to constantly monitor attacks and intrusions, and intervene urgently. Familiar with handling issues pertaining to malware threats, and privacy breaches.
System Safeguarding | Violation Determination
Risk Assessment | System Upgradation
Network Security | Firewall Administration
Network Protocols | Process Improvement
Breach Discouragement | Security Monitoring
Incident Response Processes | Solution Recommendation
Cyber Security Specialist
Sawdey Solution Services, Columbia, SC
5/2016 – Present
• Check existing cyber security protocols to determine how they can be improved
• Create and develop security protocols based on specific procedures
• Develop and implement advanced verification and safety services
• Perform cybersecurity verification and planning and management
• Design, develop and implement problem-solving protocols
• Research cybersecurity aspects of new technology standards
• Optimize technology services to incorporate continuous improvement
• Provide technical support in cybersecurity issues
• Implement security improvements by assessing current situations
• Determine security violations and intervene according to the protocols
• Responsible for deterring a possible security attack on the network, thereby, saving over 5000 records from being compromised
• Successfully implemented a solid cyber security system, hence, reduced security risk by 50%
• Trained over 50 individuals in handling cyber and IT safety work, as part of their induction process
Cyber Security Officer
Strategic Data Systems, Columbia, SC
2/2013 – 5/2016
• Conducted performance analysis of information systems’ security incidents
• Assisted in implementing security strategies and protocols
• Performed detection systems, virtual private networks, as well as related security operations
• Provided technical expertise for performance and configuration of networks
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Sciences
South Carolina State University, Columbia, SC – 2012