Software developers are responsible for developing, testing, and executing software for end-users. They take user specifications and design and implement software according to their requirements.
In addition, they design, implement, and install software systems and ensure their maintenance. They also review current systems in order to decipher the needs for improvement and addition.
Software developers need to possess a degree in software engineering and some experience in this field.
In general, a software developer is responsible for writing and coding individual programs from exact requirements.
When writing a software developer resume, use the following job description to make it compelling.
- Execute coding to written technical specifications.
- Carry out maintenance programming and improvement of known defects.
- Create, file, and apply unit test plans, scripts, and test harnesses.
- Construe written business requirements and technical specification documents.
- Create and uphold technical documentation using distinct technical documentation templates.
- Performs interrelated duties as assigned.
- Examine, analyze, and document reported defects.
Software Developer Resume Sample 1
dole @ email . com
I offer advanced knowledge of programming structured languages and their applications along with a strong knowledge base of popular operating systems.
- 12+ years of experience working in the software development arena
- Well-versed with object-oriented languages and their application
- Conversant with troubleshooting procedures and maintenance of existing and new systems
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional ability to work in a team-fostered environment
- Strong experience with modern web languages
- Proficient in jQuery, AJAX, and relational databases
- Ability to work in XML and YAML
- Designed and implemented a complex software system for the American Railway Systems.
- Troubleshot an extremely difficult problem with the company’s internal software module which was stuck at this point for over a year.
PROFESSIONAL WORK EXPERIENCE
Hyland, Baltimore, MD
Mar 2013 – Present
- Design new software applications
- Make improvements and additions to existing systems
- Chart out design specifications as instructed by clients and analysts
- Update existing applications
- Test and validate all new applications
- Manage software documentation
AAA Company, Baltimore, MD
Feb 2007 – Mar 2013
- Assisted lead software developers in charting out project specifications
- Managed software development in conjunction with laid out rules and procedures
- Assisted in managing documentation and testing processes
- Helped in troubleshooting problems
MS Degree in Software Engineering
State University, Baltimore, MD – 2007
Software Developer Resume Sample 2
Highly technical, team-oriented professional with 8+ years of extensive experience in software development. Demonstrated ability to work through a problem effectively and provide the best solution. Exceptional technical skills backed with a Master’s Degree in Computer Science and 2 certifications.
SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT EXCELLENCE
• Implementing core applications according to customers’ needs
• Android development and Xcode
• Developing databases and working on Unix-based systems
Programming: C/C++/C#, ASP, ASP.NET, Java, JSP, PHP, UML, XML
Database: MySQL, SQL Server, DB2, Oracle, MS Access
Development: Object-Oriented Design, Technical Documentation, Quality Assurance
• Headed the company’s first embedded systems project with complete success and within the deadline
• Developed a calculation application for Android phones and tablets
Substantial, Seattle, WA
• Collaborate with the team to evaluate a product background holistically
• Identify the steps, and deliver the individual features that make up the product
• Communicate with the team to make sure they have the full context of development work
• Accurately explain and describe contributions and deliverables to the software team and clients
• Support different processes and needs of the project teams
• Cooperate with designers, developers, engagement managers, and clients to get the best results
Atech – Hayward, WI
• Took preliminary information from clients and provided a model for the actual application
• Created and implemented applications according to customers’ needs
• Designed, coded, debugged, and tested application lifecycle
• Identified, integrated, and evaluated new devices and APIs
• Responded to change order requests
• Conducted design, risk, and reliability analysis
MS Degree in Computer Science
Hayward University, Hayward, WI
• Majors: Software Development
• GPA: 3.21
Microsoft Certified Professional Developer
Sun Certified Java Developer
• Ability to communicate effectively both in writing and verbally
• Experience working in a team environment
Software Developer Job Description for Resume
- Confer with clients to understand their technical needs in relation to their business
- Determine operational feasibility and suggest what software solutions will be suitable
- Review current systems and present ideas for improvements
- Work with analysts and designers to create plans for developing effective software solutions
- Develop and present detailed specifications and write codes according to set requirements
- Design step-by-step flowcharts to determine how code needs to be written
- Ensure that the developed solution is tested in a controlled environment
- Work on any bugs are shortcomings and retest solutions to ensure appropriate integration into present systems
- Prepare training manuals for users and guide them through the initial phases
- Ensure that developed solutions are in sync with the requirements of clients
- Diagnose and troubleshoot problems with newly developed and existing software
- Make sure that all software development tasks are documented properly
- Handle maintenance work on freshly developed and current software
- Ensure that final tests are performed prior to going “live”
- Handle compatibility issues and fix technical problems on “live” systems
- Cover Letter for Software Developer
- Software Developer Jobs on Indeed.com
- Interview Questions and Answers for Software Developer