Software developers develop, test and execute software for end users.
They take user specifications and design and implement software according to their requirements.
In addition, they design, implement and install software systems and ensure their maintenance. They also review current systems in order to decipher needs for improvement and addition.
Software developers need to possess a degree in software engineering and some experience in this field.
In general, a software developer is responsible for writing and coding individual programs from exact requirements.
A software developer performs the following tasks. This job description can be used to build a software developer resume.
• Execute coding to written technical specifications.
• Carry out maintenance programming and improvement of known defects.
• Create, file, and apply unit test plans, scripts, and test harness.
• Construe written business requirements and technical specification documents.
• Create and uphold technical documentation using distinct technical documentation templates.
• Performs interrelated duties as assigned.
• Examine, analyze and document reported defects.
See also: Cover Letter for Software Developer
Software Developer Resume Sample
300 Lanvale Street, Baltimore, MD 73892
Res: (000) 857-5241
dole @ email . com
Bringing advanced knowledge of programming structured languages and their applications along with a strong knowledge base of popular operating systems.
• Three years of experience working in the software development arena
• Well versed with object-oriented languages and their application
• Conversant with troubleshooting procedures and maintenance of existing and new systems
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Exceptional ability to work in a team fostered environment
• Strong experience of modern web languages
• Proficient in jQuery, AJAX, and relational databases
• Ability to work in XML and YAML
• Designed and implemented a complex software system for the American Railway Systems.
• Troubleshot an extremely difficult problem with the company’s internal software module which was stuck at this point for over a year.
HYLAND, Baltimore, MD | Mar 2013 – Present
• Design new software applications
• Make improvements and additions to existing systems
• Chart out design specifications as instructed by clients and analysts
• Update existing applications
• Test and validate all new applications
• Manage software documentation
AAA COMPANY, Baltimore, MD | Feb 2007 – Mar 2013
• Assisted lead software developers in charting out project specifications
• Managed software development in conjunction with laid out rules and procedures
• Assisted in managing documentation and testing processes
• Helped in troubleshooting problems
MS, Software Engineering
STATE UNIVERSITY, Baltimore, MD – 2007