A host is the first point of contact within a restaurant or hotel setting. The primary task of a host is to ensure that patrons receive the best dining experience.
Their job starts with dressing all the way perfectly to providing perfect service in seating, greeting, and serving dinner.
How to Write a Resume for Host Job?
Think of your host resume like an advertising flyer. You are promoting something, i.e., your skills and core competencies.
Write your resume in a way that catches the attention of the hiring manager to make you stand out from other candidates.
Your resume must be attractive enough to make a desire for the hiring manager to invite you for an interview.
In your resume, focus only on specific abilities the prospective organization seeking in the employee, not what you want to get from the employer.
Mention your strongest selling points and hospitality skills in the second paragraph.
Note: Keep in mind that a host resume is not a story of your whole career. It is just a one-page document highlighting your relevant qualifications, skills, and experiences in bullet form.
Here is a resume example that will assist you in understanding what a hiring manager expects from this position.
Related: Restaurant Host Resume Sample
Host Resume Example
90 Example Street, Plymouth, MI 32541
Bringing talents in customer service, and hands-on experience in the hospitality industry.
Over five years of progressive experience in the hospitality and customer service industry. Highly skilled in greeting and seating guests in a friendly and personalized manner. Actively coordinates dining room activities with the kitchen staff. Proficient in planning menus and maintaining staff schedules, and assisting with parties and other events within the hotel premises.
• Excellent guest service and communication skills
• Good organizational and multitasking skills
• Proven ability to portray a pleasing demeanor at all times
• Able to work on a rotating shift
• Trained new employees as hosts and hostesses for the opening of the new restaurant in the hotel.
• Managed to juggle work between three large-scale events within the hotel without room for errors.
Hyatt – Plymouth, MI
Nov 2015 – Present
• Greet guests as they arrive and bid farewell at departure.
• Wipe down menus and ensure all workplaces and guest areas are clean.
• Coordinate with phone reservations for assuring scheduling.
• Check with the kitchen to ensure all stock is available.
• Plan seating chart and organize reservations.
• Coordinate with the server to ensure that guests are being served promptly.
• Take orders, deliver orders to the kitchen and ensure that the appropriate order is served.
• Work as a cashier when needed.
Marriott – Boston, MA
Oct 2007 – Nov 2015
• Answered questions of patrons on menu selections.
• Served food courses and beverages to guests.
• Set tables in keeping with the type of occasion and service standards.
• Corresponded with the kitchen about menu questions, the length of wait, recook orders, and item availability.
City Public School, Boston, MA
High School Diploma – 2006