You know about your skills and how you have used them to work successfully in the past. But a prospective employer doesn’t.
So they need to be told. Mentioning your skills on a resume is the best method of communicating your potential.
There are many different types of skills related to the host position that you can mention on a resume, depending on the requirements of the employer.
And yes, there are tricks that you can use to make sure that your skills come across as workable for prospective employers.
One is the use of soft skills to get your point across, such as:
Host Soft Skills for Resume
- Verbal communication
- Commercial awareness
- Written communication
- Planning and organization
- Time management
- Stress tolerance
There are many more. But none of these can be used on their own when being mentioned on a resume, as they will appear incomplete.
However, when used in relevant sentences, these words/phrases become extremely powerful – and make your skills obvious.
For a host position, you will need to identify which skills are pertinent to you. Time management, confidence, customer service, stress tolerance, and communication skills will be helpful here.
All you have to do is read and understand the requirements of the job that you are applying for and write your skills accordingly.
Here is a list of skills that you can mention on your resume for a host position:
Sample Hard Skills Statements for Host Resume
• Deep knowledge of the restaurant business.
• Great ability to provide exceptional first-contact customer service.
• Track record of providing customers with the highest quality of service by ensuring their comfort and accuracy of order.
• Well-versed in taking accurate orders, relaying them to the kitchen staff, and ensuring timely delivery to patrons.
• Excellent communication and listening abilities aimed at responding to customers’ requests and fulfilling their needs aptly.
• Adept at making prompt and effective decisions during rush hours targeted at ensuring consistent and high-quality services.
• Exceptionally well-placed multitasking and organizational skills, with a strong ability to respond to several requests at the same time and come up with solutions to everyday problems.
• Excellent attention to detail and social perception, aimed at being aware of customers’ reactions and complaints, with a great ability to handle adverse situations with tact, so that they do not affect other customers.
• Exceptionally service oriented with excellent coordination and communication skills.
• Able to effectively handle the restaurant waiting list during high-volume rush hours.