If you want to apply for an advertised position of lead host, then you will need to write a cover letter and resume.
A lead host resume is not considered as a good resume if it does not contain the right information, structured in the proper manner.
Here is a sample to help you out:
Lead Host Resume Sample
188 Nelson Road, Ashland, KY72830
Resourceful, organized, and service-oriented lead host with over seven years of experience of working in the hospitality environment. Well-versed in managing restaurant/hotel flow, by ensuring that all guest services are handled profoundly. Demonstrated expertise in treating reservations and responding to related inquiries in an appropriate manner.
• Successfully managed the check-in of 750 guests in a day, on a particularly busy day due to the International Games held in the city.
• Brought onboard 3 corporate clients in one week, by indulging in core outreach activities.
• Singlehandedly developed menus for 4 restaurants within the hotel, in the absence of a kitchen head.
• Trained over 60 hosts and hostesses within 3 years, as part of their induction programs.
• Provided guests with sincere advice, and obliged their recommendations.
• Ensured the excellence in hospitality across all boards of the hotel.
• Handled all hosting work by adhering to strategic and operational priorities.
|Guest Services||First Tier Contact||Reservations|
|Complaints Handling||Performance Monitoring||Needs Assessment|
|Relationship Building||Menu Organization||Kitchen Liaison|
|Contingency Lists||Staff Training||Premises Safety|
Broadway and West Hotel, Ashland, KY 2015-present
• Welcome guests to the restaurant, and ensure that a host or hostess is assigned to them immediately.
• Answer telephones in a friendly and upbeat manner, and ensure that all queries are answered properly.
• Seat guests, and ensure that their orders are being handled in an efficient manner.
• Relay guests’ questions and concerns to the staff members, aimed at bettering the service.
• Handle reservations over the telephone, in person, and through emails, and provide required follow-up.
• Oversee the clearing, cleaning, and sanitizing of restaurant areas, to ensure that a constant standard of cleanliness is maintained.
• Ascertain that all guests and staff members comply with safety and sanitation guidelines and procedures.
• Handle complaints and suggestions in a proactive manner, ensuring that repeat business opportunities are assured.
Marriot, Ashland, KY 2011-2015
• Greeted patrons as they arrived at the restaurant, and provided them with assistance in finding tables.
• Presented menus and assisted patrons in deciding what to order, according to their tastes.
• Took and record patrons’ orders, and provided them with serving timelines.
• Relayed orders to the kitchen area, and ensured that they were followed up on properly.
• Served food and beverage orders, and inquired into the need of further items, such as condiments and napkins.
• Oversaw the cleanliness and maintenance of the dining area, at the end of each shift.
Ashland High School, Ashland, KY – 2012
High School Diploma