An ultrasound tech – also known as a sonographer – makes the most of Ultrasound machines to image a patient’s internal organs so that any diseases or inflammation can be reported. They may work in different capacities including cardiovascular, vascular, abdominal or pelvic depending on their special interest.
Since there is a boom in this profession, many trained ultrasound techs apply for jobs in this capacity every year. The following is a resume example for this position if you are looking for a job as an ultrasound tech.
Related: Cover Letter for Ultrasound Tech
8736 Deacon Street – Sumter, SC 52892
(954) 999-9999, Email
Bringing great knowledge of anatomy and physiology in conjunction with ultrasonic procedures to assist the clinic with performing high-quality sonography.
8+ years’ progressive experience in the independent operation of sonographic equipment. Demonstrated ability to prepare a clear, accurate preliminary report for radiologist and physicians. Possess a clear understanding of image formation and display. Well-versed in performing abdominal, pelvic, obstetrical, carotid, and vascular exams. Recognized for managing emergency situations by exercising appropriate interpersonal and critical thinking skills.
• Profound knowledge of Acuson Ultrasound Equipment
• Knowledge of medical terminology
• Ability to navigate around the inside of the body
• Excellent people skills
• Working knowledge of complicated ultrasound procedures
• Exceptional judgment and interpersonal skills
• Deciphered a particularly difficult situation brought on by pre-eclampsia performing a detailed sonograph thereby saving the patient’s life
• Wrote a mini manual on image formation problems and solutions for sonograph trainees
TH Healthcare, Sumter, SC | Feb 2013 – Present
• Perform ultrasound studies in a clinical environment
• Provide correct fetal measurements and history
• Explain ultrasound procedures to patients and answer questions
• Evaluate images for quality and interprete situations and diseases
Southern Hills Hospital and Medical Center – Sumter, SC | Jan 2008 – Feb 2013
• Scheduled patients fore appointments and managed patient records
• Provided ultrasonic imaging of patients’ heart and assisting physician with diagnosis
• Performed stress echo tests
University of South Carolina, Sumter, SC – 2007
Bachelor of Science in Diagnostic Sonography
ARRT (Ultrasound) Licensure
First Aid and CPR
Last updated on