A network administrator works in an information technology environment where he is supposed to manage multiple computers networks in terms of hardware and software support. This is supposed to be a hands-on troubleshooting job in essence but involves a whole lot more as well.
People who are looking for a job in the network administration field will need to ensure that they put in core qualifications and experiences when writing a resume.
The only purpose of Network Administrator resume is to get an interview. In twenty seconds or less, the majority of employers come to a decision whether or not to consider you for employment.
Network Administrator Resume Tips
✓ The content of your resume must be clear, brief, and convincing.
✓ Adapt your resume to the requirements of the prospective employer.
✓ Present your most appropriate skills, experience, and accomplishments in a reader-friendly way.
✓ Ensure that your resume is free of grammatical errors.
Related: Network Administrator Cover Letter
Sample Resume for Network Administrator Position
3 Park View, Meadville, PA 74644
CCNA, CCNP, and MCSE Certified
Highly motivated and systematic Network Administrator with 12+ years’ successful track record in installing, configuring and troubleshooting complex LANs and WANs. Offering excellence in providing network solutions along with a hands-on experience in supporting advanced networking technologies.
• Demonstrated ability to oversee the day-to-day operation of computer and voice MPLS networks.
• Proven record of establishing network specifications by conferring with users.
• Proficient in designing, implementing and maintaining enterprise load balancing solutions.
• Data Protection
• Network Design and Monitoring
• Disaster Recovery
• Technical Inventory
• User Administration
• Network Diagnostic Tools: Sniffers, Microsoft Server, Microsoft Exchange and DNS
• Protocols: TCP/IP, DHCP, RIP 2 and OSPF
• Router, firewall, and VPN configuration
• Enterprise Backup, Antivirus, and Antispam
• LAN, WAN, Cisco firewall, VLAN and modulated switched
• Server hardware, cabling, routing, LAN environments, PC Desktop and components
• Microsoft Exchange, SharePoint and SQL servers
Beta Tech – Meadville, PA 2013 – Present
• Design and implement complex network systems that used both LAN and MAN technologies
• Place advanced VSS to support switching and routing spanning five office locations
• Develop and maintain different types of networks
• Configure and maintain firewalls
• Implement and configure Storage Area Network devices
ABC Company – Meadville, PA 2006 – 2013
• Maximized customer operational performance by resolving IT issues
• Maintained upgrades and monitored all server and internal infrastructure equipment
• Established network specifications
• Maintained network performance on a need basis
• Provided technical support in a global environment
University of Philadelphia – Meadville, PA
Master of Science in Computer Science
Major: Computer Networks
• Good work ethics
• Project management
• Communication and organization