Crafting an entry level resume for cosmetologist position is much more challenging as compared to building one at the mid-career.
Entry level job seekers do not have any experience to mention, so they have to make the most of their transferable Cosmetologist skills. These skills statements must be determined carefully after reading the job description.
Always keep in mind, that your resume must show information that is pertinent to the Cosmetologist role.
The employers do not have time, they quickly scan resumes to determine your profile’s relevance to the Cosmetology role. Therefore, highlighting your qualifications and pertinent skills is very important when you write an entry-level Cosmetologist resume.
How to Write a Cosmetologist Resume with No Experience?
- Considering the job seeker has no relevant experience, resume experts suggest that resumes of beginners must start with a Cosmetologist objective instead of a Cosmetologist profile or summary.
- Add your certification, license and educational information directly below the resume objective.
- List the highlights of your qualifications using a bullet list.
- Mention any honorary, volunteer or internship experiences.
- Write your languages proficiency and additional strengths at the end.
Here is a cosmetologist resume example for entry-level job seekers with no experience in the cosmetology field.
Entry Level Cosmetologist Resume No Experience
450 Indigo Lane, Woodbury, MN 76550
A right mix of talent, knowledge, customer service, and self-motivation
Energetic, self-motivated cosmetologist seeking a position at MACY’S where skills in salon services, hair styling and skin care treatments coupled with strong organization skills could be put to effective use.
CERTIFICATION AND LICENSURE
Certificate of Cosmetology
AMERICAN ASSOCIATION OF COSMETOLOGY, Woodbury, MN – 2018
State of Minnesota Licensed Cosmetologist
Graduated in 2018
ASPIRE HIGH SCHOOL, Woodbury, MN
HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Great attention to detail
- Strong time management and leadership skills
- Efficient in scheduling appointments for clients
- Knowledge of various skin care techniques and cosmetology trends
- Apt at applying various waxing techniques for hair removal
- Profound ability to remain up to date with the latest developments in the fashion and skincare industry
- Proficient in carrying out skin, facial, nail and hair treatments
- Well versed with hair cutting, styling, fashion coloring, and grey hair coverage
Signature Salon, Woodbury, MN
- Assisted in providing quality hair treatments and services.
- Developed extensive knowledge of salon and cosmetology products.
- Learned how to perform cosmetology service with consistency.
- Upsold salon products to clients and customers.
- Participated in meetings and cross-training opportunities.
Fluent in English and Spanish
- Proficient in MS Word and Excel
- Familiar with commercial electric and manual equipment used at salons
- Substantial knowledge of various spa treatments