Building an entry level resume for cosmetologist position is much more demanding as compared to building one at mid-level career. Entry level job seekers do not have any experience to mention, so they have to make the most of their transferable skills. These must be determined carefully after reading the job advertisement. Considering the candidates are novices, having no relevant experience, resume experts suggest that resumes of beginners must start with a career objective rather than a profile or summary.
A resume objective helps bringing the reader’s focus onto the specific position the candidate is seeking. This makes it a vital tool to streamline the candidates’ expertise and present them in relevance to the role. Always keep in mind, that your resume must display information that is pertinent to the role you are applying for. The employers do not have much time to spare and they quickly scan resumes visually to determine the profile’s relevance to the job. Highlighting your wanted qualifications and marketable pertinent skills in order of priority is also very important when you are writing your entry level resume.
Following is a cosmetologist resume example for candidates having no experience in the cosmetology field.
450 Indigo Lane • Woodbury, MN 76550 • (008) 666 – 3333 • daniel . greyson @ email . com
CAREER OBJECTIVE: Energetic, self-motivated professional seeking a cosmetologist position with MACY’S where skills in salon services, hair styling and skin care treatments coupled with strong organization skills could be put to effective use.
HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Great attention to detail with strong managerial skills
• Efficient in scheduling appointments for clients
• Knowledgeable of various skin care techniques and cosmetology trends
• Apt at applying various waxing techniques for hair removal
• Profound tendency to remain up to date with latest developments in the fashion and skin care industry
• Proficient in carrying out skin, facial, nail and hair treatments
• Well versed in hair cutting, styling, fashion coloring and grey hair coverage
CERTIFICATION AND LICENSURE
AMERICAN ASSOCIATION OF COSMETOLOGY, Woodbury, MN – August 2015
Certificate of Cosmetology
State of Minnesota Licensed Cosmetologist
ASPIRE HIGH SCHOOL, Woodbury, MN – March 2014
High School Diploma
• Proficient in MS Word and Excel
• BCLS Certified
• Familiar with commercial electric and manual equipment used at saloons
• Fluent English, Spanish
• Substantial knowledge regarding various spa treatments