Before writing a resume for a cosmetologist position, it is advisable to go through some sample skills specific to the role. This not only enlightens candidates about the competencies but also familiarizes them with the industry-specific vocabulary and keywords.
Skills section is crucial to every resume whether the candidates are at entry-level or mid-level of their career. In the case of beginners, the skills are more descriptive while as the experience section grows, skills must be communicated in a more concise, bullet but tabulated manner.
Keep in mind, a soft skills section will get you nowhere in today’s tough competition. You have to come up with a really appealing, catchy, and well-defined presentation of your hard skills in order to be noticed favorably in today’s job market.
View the example below to get ideas.
Sample Skills List For Cosmetologist Resume
- Conducting cosmetic makeovers by leveraging effective techniques in contouring, base application, and eyebrow shaping
- Facial hair bleaching, paraffin treatment, blackhead removal, and general face and body cleansing and moisturizing
- Determining the client’s needs and providing consultation based on skin type, texture, and complexion
- Hair removal utilizing waxing, plucking, and threading techniques
- Understanding the client’s needs and catering for the same to their satisfaction
- Hair cutting, coloring, styling, and extension application
- Temporary and permanent hair straightening, perming, rebounding, and Extenso treatments
- Anti-acne facial therapies using natural and herbal products
- Various hair treatments including hot oil therapy and herbal massage
- Skin and nail treatments, manicure and pedicure
- Theme and event-based makeovers and hairstyling to the client’s satisfaction
- Various herbal and synthetic skin, nail, and hair care treatments
- Analyzing client’s skin type and recommending suitable treatment for enhancement of skin tone, hair texture, and complexion
- Great attention to detail with effective managerial skills
- Ability to schedule assignments and maintain client data in an organized manner
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Profound ability to maintain productive client relations