How to Write a Perfect Resume for Beauty Advisor Position?
In order to write a professional resume for a beauty advisor position, it must be remembered that the content of a beauty advisor resume should never be ordinary. It takes a little more than just ordinary to get a hiring manager to pay attention to you as a candidate.
Often, it becomes a bit intimidating to separate information to fill in the different sections in a resume. There may a bit of overlap that can be confusing.
For instance, job duties and accomplishments are often confused with each other, and we end up writing them interchangeably. That can be a bit off-putting for the employer.
So write clearly and make sure that everything is where it should be. Somewhat like what is done in the resume sample below:
Sample Resume for Beauty Advisor Position
77 Oak Street
Salt Lake City, UT 62731
❖❖ BEAUTY ADVISOR ❖❖
Creative, passionate beauty advisor with 5+ years’ hands-on experience in providing consulting services to clients to help them meet their specific beauty needs. Well-versed in creating and implementing core beauty regimen plans per customers’ skin and hair types, and initiating service consultations to determine customers’ preferences and service needs.
• Track record of developing repeat business customer base by providing the best customer services through regular communication and sales information.
• Known for responding to product and service-related questions, keeping in mind each customer’s specific needs.
• Focused on keeping up to date with product information and industry trends to keep abreast of the competition.
Bloomingdales, Salt Lake City, UT
6/2015 – Present
• Greet customers as they arrive and confer with them to determine their specific beauty needs.
• Create and implement core beauty regimens as per each customer’s particular needs and requirements.
• Perform facials and other beauty treatments after assessing customers’ skin and hair types.
• Provide beauty makeovers and product demonstrations to entice customers to buy services and products.
• Give manicures and pedicures to customers and ensure that instruments used are done with care and precision.
• Do hairstyles according to customers’ face structures and specific hair types.
• Apply makeup such as base, eyeliner, and mascara to enhance facial features.
• Aesthetically install false eyelashes and wigs.
• Provide advice regarding skin and hair care so that customers can look after their beauty needs at home.
• Indulge in suggestive selling by providing information about salon products and their uses.
• Take and process payments for services rendered and ensure that any due change is tendered.
• Increased customer base by 50% by introducing Hydra-facial facilities.
• Decreased supplies cost by $5000 per month by suggesting supplies procurement in bulk from local vendors.
• Introduced special effects makeup which resulted in a huge increase in business from the film industry.
• Met sales targets by 100% between the years 2017 and 2020.
ULTA Beauty, Salt Lake City, UT
11/2010 – 6/2015
• Welcomed customers and provided them with information on the salon’s services.
• Interviewed customers to determine their specific beauty needs and provided them with information on how to meet them.
• Assisted in creating and implementing plans of action to help customers meet their particular needs.
• Prepared treatment rooms by ensuring that they are clean and sanitized and that all needed products and instruments are available.
• Helped beauticians in performing tasks such as facials, massages, and hairdos.
• Responded to telephone and in-person inquiries and set appointments.
Diploma in Cosmetology
CITY COLLEGE, Salt Lake City, UT – 2010
SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
• Acne treatments
• Inventory management
• Facial massages
• Product lines
• Consultative sales
• Rosacea treatments
• Service upgrades