32 Dahlgren Avenue
Portsmouth, VA 23225
androg @ email . com
RECORDS OFFICER ~ 10 years
• Highly organized and reliable individual who has proven his worth in the development and implementation of complex records management systems.
• Proficient in storing, arranging, and classifying records to ensure minimum retrieval time.
• Effectively able to facilitate the implementation of filing systems and ensuring that they meet administrative, legal, and financial requirements of the company.
• Able to devise and implement retention and disposal schedules in conformance to the company’s records management system procedures.
• Demonstrated expertise in setting up, maintaining, and documenting records management systems to ensure efficiency.
• Adept at resolving problems with information management by effectively using dedicated software and other management resources.
LORD GLOBAL SERVICES, Portsmouth, VA
(11/2016 to Present)
• Determine the company’s records management needs by analyzing information needs.
• Take audits of information created and stored within various systems in the company.
• Establish the duration for which records need to be kept in accordance with legislative requirements.
• Store, arrange, index, and classify records according to specified filing procedures.
• Facilitate the development and implementation of filing systems by providing proactive feedback.
• Oversee the management of both electronic and paper-based records.
• Identify the most appropriate records management resources and implement a classification system.
• Ensure that no redundancy is evident when checking records and make sure that any identified ones are handled immediately.
• Maintain information on records and respond to requests for data retrieval from inside sources.
• Implemented a digital records management system in a record time of 12 weeks.
• Introduced a records auditing system which reduced records redundancy by 72%.
• Trained 5 groups of new records officers in handling records management tasks by implementing standard file conventions.
• Assured compliance with all 52 in-house filing standards within the set deadline of 3 months.
HOUSING DEVELOPMENT, Portsmouth, VA
(1/2010 to 11/2016)
• Handled paper and electronic filing duties by following set company procedures.
• Assisted in cataloging information according to filing rules such as alphabetical, numerical, and alpha-numerical.
• Received and processed incoming and outgoing mail and ensured that the former is accurately distributed.
• Conducted auditing activities on filing systems to ensure that any discrepancies are handled immediately.
• Provided office operational support such as copying, scanning, and printing documents.
High School Diploma
PORTSMOUTH HIGH SCHOOL, Portsmouth, VA
RECORDS MANAGEMENT SKILLS
• Records System Evaluation
• Compliance Assurance
• Schedules Management
• Records Inventory
• Periodic Reviews
• Organizational Security
• File Classification
• Digital Filing Systems
• Records Auditing
• Information Retrieval