How to Write a School Superintendent Resume
Contact information in header form
Writing your contact information in the form of the header not only gives your resume a professional look but also avoids wastage of space.
Summary or Overview
A killer profile summary, featuring the most selling aspects of your candidacy must top your school superintendent resume.
Since the school superintendent is not an entry-level position, its best to write your experience in reverse chronological order. This will enable the reader to see your professional progression at a glance.
Achievements deserve a separate section. State quantified achievements that translate the value you would be bringing if hired.
The most effective and time-saving way of communicating your skills is via tabulated bullet phrases.
Have a look at the school superintendent resume sample given below for your guidance.
School Superintendent Resume Sample
2990 Ivory Ave, Austin, TX 83310
(006) 444 -9854
gary @ email . com
❖ ❖ SCHOOL SUPERINTENDENT ❖ ❖
Result-oriented, civic-minded educational professional and astute financial planner serving in the education field for the past 6 years. Full command over all aspects of educational planning and management. Proven skills in building and inspiring collaborative high achieving academic and administrative teams.
– Team Development
– Source Allocation
– Student Motivation
– Staff Hiring
– Academic Evaluation
– Personnel Management
– Teacher’s Training
– Quality Assurance
– Campus Review
– Community Initiatives
• Elevated student enrollment rate by 50% through a demonstration of excellent academic achievement attained by enrolled students.
• Revised the curriculum to incorporate more moral values and civic sense which was highly commended by the ministry and also adapted by other districts.
• Earned three distinctions during tenure acknowledged by the USA Education department and one by the UN.
TOWNSHIP SCHOOL DISTRICT, Austin, TX 2015-present
• Utilize evaluation techniques to progressively enhance the quality of education imparted at the school district
• Develop and motivate a team of educational and administrative professionals to keep the school machinery in running order
• Oversee the division of budget and its rightful utilization
TEXAS INDEPENDENT SCHOOL DISTRICTS, Austin, TX 2012-2015
• Communicated curricular and instructional guidelines to the teaching staff issued by the superintendent
• Dealt with and processed parental complains and grievances regarding academics
• Envisioned, executed and upheld educational initiatives taken by the education sector
M.S., Educational Management and Leadership
The UNIVERSITY OF TEXAS, Austin, TX – 2008