If you are wondering how to make your Accounts Payable Supervisor resume impressive in today’s job market you have come to the right page.
Below, we have outlined the STAR method for writing your achievements in a resume. This will guide you in creating the desired impact with your resume on the prospective employer. STAR stands for:
S • Situation: Begin by stating what the situation was.
T • Task: Crisply mention the task assigned.
A • Action: Using really powerful verbs describe the action you took that was above and over your regular duty.
R • Results: Communicate the impact of your effort and try to quantify it. Give a percentage or some number to explain how your effort paid off well for the company.
Stating your professional accomplishments in the above format will definitely create a good impression on the employer, making them view your candidacy in more favorable light.
560 Heaven Blvd • Mesa, AZ 63110 • (005) 333 – 7777 • henry @ email . com
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE SUPERVISOR
Meticulous and detail-oriented professional with solid experience in distribution auditing, vendor credit application and payment reconciliation. Strong knack for adopting and implementing various accounting software effectively.
• Competent in handling customer vendor relations
• Expert in maintenance of general ledger, accounts payable and receivable
• Proficient in JD Edward based accounts management
|– A/P Management||– Account Coding||– Asset Review|
|– Purchase Reconciliations||– Lease Tracking||– Credit Applications|
|– SAP Operations||– Audit||– Accounts Analysis|
|– Vendor Liaison||– ERP Systems||– Financial Reporting|
• Enhanced overall effectiveness of the department by 60% through identification of problem areas and realignment of department SOPs, bringing them in league with established best practices pertaining to A/P Management.
• Recovered $28K by rectification of errors made in non reconciled accounts payable.
• Merged 3 independent accounts payable departments while maintaining individual account integrity effectively over a period of one month.
MASTECH, Mesa, AZ
Accounts Payable Supervisor, 10/2010 to Present
• Monitor and review AP vouchering of vendor invoices with correct account coding
• Develop, implement and maintain account payable operations to ensure smooth transactions and account reconciliations
• Ensure accounts integrity and accuracy while adhering to company policies and procedures
DEAN FOODS, Mesa, AZ
Accounts Payable Officer, 6/2007 to 9/2010
• Performed monthly A/P closing procedures
• Devised forms and inventories to enhance efficiency of the department
• Forwarded credit request applications for processing
• Handled check disbursements and tax deductions for ERP systems
ABA INSTITUTE OF ACCOUNTING, Mesa, AZ, 2007
Associates Degree in Accounts