If you are wondering how to make your accounts payable supervisor resume impressive in today’s job market, you have to make some effort.
Below, we have outlined the STAR method for writing your achievements in a resume. This will guide you in creating the desired impact with your resume on the prospective employer.
S – Situation
Start by stating what the situation was.
T – Task
Crisply mention the task assigned.
A – Action
Using really powerful verbs describe the action you took that was above and over your regular duty.
R – Results
Communicate the impact of your effort and try to quantify it. Give a percentage or some number to explain how your effort paid off well for the company.
Stating your professional accomplishments in the above format will definitely create a good impression on the employer, making them view your candidacy in a more favorable light.
The following resume example will make it easy to come up with great ideas:
Accounts Payable Supervisor Resume Sample
560 Heaven Blvd
Mesa, AZ 63110
henry @ email . com
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE SUPERVISOR
Meticulous and detail-oriented professional with 12+ years of solid experience in distribution auditing, vendor credit application, and payment reconciliation. A strong knack for adopting and implementing various accounting software effectively.
• Competent in handling customer-vendor relations
• Expert in the maintenance of general ledger, and accounts payable and receivable
• Proficient in JD Edward based accounts management
– A/P Management – Account Coding
– Asset Review – Purchase Reconciliations
– Lease Tracking – Credit Applications
– SAP Operations – Audit & Accounts Analysis
– Financial Reporting – Communication
• Enhanced the overall effectiveness of the department by 60% by identifying problem areas and realignment of departmental procedures.
• Recovered $28000 by rectification of errors made in unreconciled accounts payable.
• Merged 3 independent accounts payable departments while maintaining individual account integrity effectively over a period of one month.
Accounts Payable Supervisor
MASTECH, Mesa, AZ
Aug 2016 – present
• Monitor and review AP vouchering of vendor invoices with correct account coding.
• Develop, implement and maintain account payable operations to ensure smooth transactions and account reconciliations.
• Ensure accounts integrity and accuracy while adhering to company policies and procedures.
Accounts Payable Officer
DEAN FOODS, Mesa, AZ
Jan 2011 – Aug 2016
• Performed monthly A/P closing procedures.
• Devised forms and inventories to enhance the efficiency of the department.
• Forwarded credit request applications for processing.
• Handled check disbursements and tax deductions for ERP systems.
Associates Degree in Accounting
ABA COLLEGE, Mesa, AZ
• ERP • MS Office