Candidates applying for a building superintendent position need a well-written resume to be considered.
Modern trends in resume writing keep changing, therefore, it is important to remain updated about the same.
Most resume experts recommend that candidates must keep one master resume and tailor it to suit various needs of the employer.
Outside the Box
Your prospective employer will probably receive many resumes from highly-competent candidates for a single job opening. Think of ways that your resume can stand out. Focus on your unique skills, achievements, and experiences.
Facts and Figures
Nothing beats a resume that is well decorated with facts and figures. What did you do in terms of money or efficiency for your previous employer? Showcase it.
Start with Summary or Profile
Your resume profile defines your candidacy. Put extra effort to make your summary statement shine. It has to be really impressive and catchy.
See also: Building Superintendent Cover Letter
Building Superintendent Resume Sample
360 Olive Lane, Page, AZ 76004
jake @ email . com
Dependable and detail-oriented building superintendent with hands-on experience in managing large residential, apartment and commercial buildings. Well versed with HVAC, electrical, carpentry and plumbing systems, as well as equipment and supplies procurement. Excellent communicator who has a proven ability to coordinate effectively with team members and managers.
CORE PROFICIENCIES & SKILLS
• Administrative Operations
• Expense Management
• Inspection Logging
• Rent Collection
• Lock Fitting
• Building Maintenance
• Custodial Supervision
• Drywall Patching
• CAD Designs
• Blueprint Reading
• Lawn Mowing
SKYLINE GROUP OF COMPANIES, Page, AZ | 2013 – Present
• Supervise and coordinate the activities of 20+ crew members
• Reduce the annual repair cost of building by $7000 by implementing timely maintenance projects.
• Attain 100% resident satisfaction level by ensuring immediate complain response.
• Ensure timely rent collection and building maintenance tasks.
• Inspect the building and lawns periodically to ensure compliance with OSHA building safety guidelines.
Asst. Building Superintendent
MAXWELL CO., Page, AZ | 2011 – 2013
• Secured beneficial and long term rental deals with AAA tenants that enhanced annual rent by 20%
• Interacted with residents on a regular basis and forwarded their complaints and requests to the maintenance department.
• Supervise the team of cleaners and garbage collectors to ensure cleanliness in the building.
• Maintained rent logs and re-secured rent contracts upon expiry.
Associate’s Degree in Public Management
THE COMMUNITY COLLEGE, Page, AZ – 2011
• Knowledge of building codes and OSHA
• BCLS and First Aid Certified
• Trilingual: Fluent in English, Spanish and French
• Load Lifting Ability up to 60 lbs.