Early Childhood Educator Job Description
Early childhood educators are teachers who are responsible for a child’s development concerning education and social skills. This role is considered to be pivotal in a child’s life as this is where children start to learn how to live in this world.
There are many responsibilities of an early childhood educator – the most critical being class instruction. They create and implement lesson plans according to each child’s individual needs and administer discipline. Also, they evaluate children’s performance in terms of each individual child’s physical development and that of cognitive and emotional.
It is imperative for an early childhood educator to interact with their students. They are expected to plan, prepare, and execute daily activities to promote physical and social skills.
Early childhood educators are not just teachers – they are children’s parents away from home which is why they need to make sure that they look after their nutritional needs as well as safety.
It is crucial for an early childhood educator to be trained as looking after little children is not easy seeing that they demand much time and attention.
Since a teacher working in this capacity is responsible for how a child will turn out later in life – remember how they say that our formative years are crucial? They need to exercise patience and ensure that their knowledge is imparted effectively.
Sample Duties and Responsibilities for Early Childhood Education Resume
- Coordinated and implemented an educational curriculum to help every child in meeting early learning standards.
- Arranged age-appropriate activities so children can learn about the world develop interest and talent.
- Made revisions to the lesson plan to meet the individual requirements of each child.
- Encouraged teaching team success utilizing modeling and support.
- Made schedules and routines to make sure children have sufficient physical activity, rest, and playtime.
- Maintained portfolios on every child in the classroom.
- Oversaw teacher aides and volunteers in the school.
- Ensured a healthy classroom environment.
- Maintained personal and professional development plans.
- Liaised with parents and families.