Medical coders work in the healthcare industry where they are responsible for entering specific codes in a system to manage a healthcare professional’s payments. They are the most critical pillar of the medical billing process. People who work in this arena are trained in the trade specifically but do not necessarily need to be formally trained in medicine. They should possess in-depth knowledge of medical terminology.
If you are a skilled or certified medical coder but do not have any hands-on experience, the following resume example will assist you to write your resume.
537 Warrington Street • Providence, RI 28399
diana @ email . com
Self-Directed with keen attention to detail.
Uniquely qualified medical coding professional with exceptional skills in abstracting information and assigning codes related to medicine, surgery, radiology, and pathology. Working knowledge of official coding conventions and rules established by AMA. A meticulous individual who can liaise with insurance companies. Highly motivated to work in a team-oriented and collaborative environment.
• Certified Professional Coder (CPC) – AAPC Classroom
• Certified Professional Coder-Payer (CPC-P) – AAPC Online
• Certified Interventional Radiology Cardiovascular Coder (CIRCC) – AAPC Online
|• CPT®||• ICD-9/10, HPCC, CPC||• Coding Guidelines|
|• Medical Terminology||• Payment Methodologies||• HIPPA Compliance|
|• Anatomy||• Surgery and Modifiers||• HCPCS Level II|
High School Diploma
St Louis Public School, Providence, RI – 2015
Volunteer Medical Coder – Core MedTech (Summer 2018)
• Assisted lead coders in performing full cycle medical billing
• Handled billing, coding, and AR/collection tasks
• Worked with insurances such as BCBS, Medicaid, Aetna, Medicare, Humana, and United
SKILLS & CAPABILITIES
• Exceptional paperwork and proofreading skills
• Able to comprehend common coding procedures
• Typing Speed: 560 WPM using keyboard and 10-key by touch
• Computer: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet, Email, Social Media
Exemplary professional references available