The purpose of writing an Early Childhood Educator or ECE resume is to grab the attention of the employer and persuade them to call you for an interview. It is your first contact with a prospective employer, therefore, make it eye-catching.
It must be remembered that Employers do not spend too much time looking through a resume; therefore, keep it short yet effective. The following two samples will guide you on how to write a winning resume for an Early Childhood Educator job.
ECE Resume Sample 1
10 Ravine Road, Ontario, CA 77262
EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATOR
Hardworking and dependable Early Childhood Educator with 12+ years’ successful track record. Eager to bring a significant difference in early childhood development and education through my education and experience.
- Highly skilled in ensuring a safe and nurturing educational environment for young learners
- Proficient in staff development and training
- Ability to ensure that appropriate curriculum and other developing practices are in place
- Hands-on experience in assessing each child’s developmental needs on an ongoing basis
- Demonstrated ability to implement the curriculum in all subject areas
- Student evaluation and assessment
- Program development and group work
- Development of one-to-one service plans
- Service organization
- Parent help and education
- Successfully placed 7 groups of children aged between 2 and 5 years in appropriate schools.
- Devised and implemented the age-appropriate curriculum and interactive programs.
Early Childhood Educator
Little Angles – Ontario, CA
2012 – Present
- Administer the approved lesson plans and day by day classroom schedule
- Create the entire curriculum for Little Angels
- Implement curriculum and ensure adherence to teaching practices accordingly
- Supervise and evaluate children
- Create and maintain liaison with parents
- Coordinate administrative details with outside forces
Early Childhood Educator
City School – Los Angeles, CA
2005 – 2012
- Implemented extracurricular activities based on individual needs
- Attained the best teacher award
- Manage and monitor financial progress
- Conduct tours for parents and enroll new students
- Ensure licensing standards are met at all times
BS Degree in Early Childhood Education
City College, Los Angeles, CA
Child Development Permit State of California
CPR and First Aid
- MS Office Suite
- Classroom Management Software
- Preparing and delivering presentations using PowerPoint
ADDITIONAL SKILLS AND CAPABILITIES
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bilingual: English/Spanish
Early Childhood Educator Resume With Less or No Experience (Sample 2)
554 Elderidge Avenue
Toronto, ON D7C 9W7
sarah @ email . com
Looking for a position as an Early Childhood Educator at Kinderville where utilizing skills in developing young minds to develop a solid education base.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
- Over 5 months of extensive experience as an early childhood intern.
- Highly skilled in developing and implementing individual and focused development programs for children aged 18 months to 5 years.
- Demonstrated ability to establish routines and smooth out transition times.
- Able to understand the individual needs of young children and the relevant work requirements.
- Proficient in using computer software including MS Office Suite.
INTERNSHIP & VOLUNTEER EXPERIENCE
Early Childhood Educator Intern
Toddlers Home- Toronto, ON
(Apr 2020 – Present)
- Plan and implement activities in accordance with the individual child’s physical, emotional, and social needs
- Provide equipment relevant to activities
- Ensure all such equipment is handled with care and subjected to maintenance
- Develop activities that introduce early mathematical and literary concepts
St Luke’s Anglican Church – Ottawa, ON
(Jan 2020 – Apr 2020)
- Conducted and monitored activity programs planned for young children
- Prepared craft materials and helped children to use them
- Discussed children’s development with parents
- Developed daily activity programs
- Monitored program budget
SOME UNIVERSITY, Ottawa, ON
Major: Early Childhood Education
- Attention to detail
- Team building
- Writing and listening
- Time management
See also: Early Childhood Educator Cover Letter