Garbage truck driving is a very challenging position and not everyone has the temperament for it.
In addition to superb driving skills, the position also demands physical dexterity and skills in garbage collection.
The job also involves daily public interaction.
Once you have decided to go for the job, you need to come up with a convincing resume.
In today’s demanding job market it is important to build an employer-focused resume.
This kind of resume showcases only the relevant skills in accordance with the job description provided by the potential employer.
Following is a sample garbage truck driver resume to help you.
See also: Garbage Truck Driver Cover Letter
Garbage Truck Driver Resume Example
44 Elko Avenue, Buffalo, NY 72231
jake @ email . com
Garbage Truck Driver
Class B CDL
Energetic and careful Garbage Truck Driver with hands-on experience in garbage collection, driving of garbage trucks and handling customer complaints regarding schedule and service quality issues. Skilled in driving and operating heavy trucks safely through narrow lanes and broad highways for garbage collection.
- Very effective in the operation of single axle garbage trucks
- Sound knowledge of safe disposal of collected garbage
- Knowhow of equipment cleaning procedures and standards
- Proficient in disposing of the collected garbage appropriately
- Ability to maintain daily logs regarding services delivered
- Attained the ‘Most punctual Driver Award’ by the company during the first year of work
- Trained three new drivers regarding the handling of garbage cleaning gadgets
Garbage Truck Driver
City Waste Connections, Buffalo, NY | Oct 2007 to Present
- Collect garbage from residential buildings, commercial offices and independent houses on a daily basis
- Dispose-off the collected garbage in a safe and sanitary manner
- Ensure proper storage of the garbage collection equipment and dumpster
- Fill in daily record books and logs regarding collection and disposal of collected garbage material
- Note down any customer complaints regarding service quality or timings of service and forward the same to higher management for consideration
- Report any malfunctions in the vehicle timely to the concerned vehicle maintenance department
Volunteer Debris Collector
Helping Hands, Buffalo, NY | Summer 2006
- Provided assistance in collecting and disposing of debris after a major fire disaster in the industrial area at Buffalo in 2009
City College, Buffalo, NY | 2007