Writing a cover letter for an entry-level truck driver resume might seem a hectic task; however, it is quite simple. All you need to do is relate your truck driving skills to the target job and write the letter using an appealing format with the intention of communicating your enthusiasm.
Going through some sample cover letters for truck drivers with no experience can be very helpful in this regard. Of course, you need to come up with your personalized letter, but samples can generate good writing ideas.
The following is an entry-level truck driver cover letter sample with no experience to assist you with how to write a good cover letter in this regard.
Truck Driver Cover Letter No Experience
9954 Charcoal Towers
Eagan, MN 39572
Cellular: (003) 666-7777
Home: (004) 555-3333
October 29, 2020
Mr. Drake Ferris
89 Macklin Square
Eagan, MN 39572
Dear Mr. Ferris:
This letter and the attached resume is a keen expression of interest in the Truck Driver position at Grover Movers. Two facts justify my sincere interest. Firstly, I am impressed by your fame in the transportation industry. Secondly, my truck driver training renders me the perfect candidate for this position.
Please allow me now to highlight the skills and qualifications that make me an ideal candidate:
- Class B commercial driving license.
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate with other drivers and obtain route clearance.
- Excellent eye-hand coordination and dexterity.
- Awareness of the highway laws regarding truck driving and DOT specifications.
- Willing to get a hazmat endorsement.
- Proven ability to comprehend and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Efficient in communicating with loading/unloading crew and maneuvering the truck accordingly.
- Familiar with map reading and usage of GPS navigation systems.
- Competent at performing preventive maintenance and minor repairs of lorries.
In addition, I am a dedicated and customer service-oriented truck driver who is well versed in safe driving protocols on highways and equipped with excellent reading writing and log keeping skills.
Please review my attached resume for additional details regarding my driving skills. Do not hesitate to reach out if you have any questions or need further information on my qualifications.
Thank you for your time and consideration, and I look forward to hearing from you.