The process of vet assistant resume writing is a little bit challenging because it requires the job seeker to mention the exact skills being sought by the employer.
As good jobs are scanty these days, dozens of highly qualified people apply for a single vet assistant position. Therefore, the situation of the current job market calls for a well-tailored resume.
In order to create an excellent resume for a veterinary assistant job, the key is to focus on the employer’s preferences.
A resume showcasing exactly the skills the employer has demanded will be a definite success.
Veterinary Assistant Resume Sample
73 Benfield Lane, Atlanta, GA 89432
Responsible and detail-oriented Vet Assistant with 4 years’ experience in providing all kinds of medical and surgical support to the veterinarian. Well-versed with state-approved general pet clinic routines and practices. Inborn compassion for animals.
• Immense ability to follow up treatment schedules with sick, discharged animals’ owners.
• Adequate knowledge regarding species-specific requirements of food and temperature.
• Possess strong knowledge about intestinal parasites, heartworms, and vaccine protocols for the same.
• Vaccine Administration
• Medical Terminology
• Surgical Assistance
• Catheter Placement
• Basic Pharmacology
• Clinic Maintenance
• Lab Procedures
• Big animals handling
PAWS CLINIC, Atlanta, GA
Oct 2015 – Present
• Assist in holding large and small animals while they undergo treatment
• Communicate with animal owners regarding the treatment
• Conduct regular examinations of the boarding animals
• Maintain the clinic’s shelter in a sanitary, neat, and clean manner
• Earned employee of the year award twice
• Performed behavioral training for a large untamed canine dog under treatment at the clinic
SOCIETY OF ANIMALS, Atlanta, GA
May 2013 – Oct 2015
• Socialized with pets waiting for adoption
• walked and fed animals
• Bathed the sheltered animals regularly
• Took care of pets’ hygiene and trimmed their nails regularly
• Educated the clients regarding preventive animal care
B.S. Degree in Veterinary Technology
STATE UNIVERSITY, Atlanta, GA – 2012
- Veterinary Science
- Pharmacology & Toxicology
- Anatomy of Dom Animals
- Physiology of Domestic Animals
- Applied Animal Behavior
• Ability to work effectively in a team as well as independently under minimal supervision
• Extensive knowledge regarding animal behavior
• Proficient in communicating effectively with the animal owners
• Current Driver’s License
• Willing to work weekends