A driver resume has to have a summary, to begin with. Everything else is secondary.
That is because most resumes are judged by summary statements.
If a summary is interesting enough, the resume gets read and automatically comes at the top of the pile.
Summaries add a little spice to the otherwise not so enticing resume, making it easy for employers to read them with interest.
Here are some sample summaries to help you though:
Sample Summary Statements for a Driver Resume
1. Careful, meticulous, and responsible driver with over 12 years of experience in driving commercial and personal vehicles. Well-versed in the operation and maintenance of different types of automobiles. A pleasant and friendly individual who is known for his safe driving practices. Class B CDL.
2. Exceptionally well-organized and safety-oriented Driver with 5+ years of progressively responsible experience in driving trucks, cars, and vans, by following a set route and time schedule. Skilled in mapping short and safe routes using standard maps and GPS. Able to perform minor vehicle repairs. California State Driver’s License. Bilingual: English/Spanish.
3. Meticulous and reliable driver boasting of 6 years of relevant experience in a personal and commercial setting. Demonstrated ability to manage long-haul trips with exceptional focus on the safety of passengers and timeliness. Leverages wide-ranging talents in vehicle cleaning, customer service, and teamwork.
4. Trustworthy, versatile, and self-motivated Truck Driver with 18 years of extensive experience in driving trucks and vans for the purpose of delivering loads to destinations. Recognized for mapping out safe routes, carefully driving vehicles to destinations, delivering loads safely, and ensuring preventative and regular maintenance on assigned vehicles.
5. Highly experienced, dedicated and courteous individual with deep insight into driving, caring for, and operating large and medium-sized automobiles. A highly approachable individual with a professional attitude and a will to provide exemplary services to passengers.