Do you want your resume to be successful in giving you a chance at an interview? If your answer is yes, you must begin your resume with a summary. It is not a hidden fact that most employers never bother going past the first section that they see on a resume. If your resume happens to be picked up by an employer who has little or no time on his hands, you will be saved by the resume summary – because that is the first section that he will read!
Sounds easy? Nope! Writing a resume summary is hardly easy. You have to do a lot of research and thinking before you write one. You have to be able to use the right kind of words and format. There is very little chance of you being asked to come in for an interview if your resume summary is not all that the employer expected. What can go wrong? You may end up giving too much information or not enough – both situations are lethal. Remember that the idea behind writing a summary on your resume is to entice the reader to keep reading. If the summary isn’t interesting enough, the employer will probably just dump it and pick up the next resume, hoping that it is a better read.
Want to know how a resume summary can be written? Refer to the examples below:
• Customer service-oriented and competent Retail Sales Associate with 6+ years’ track record of success delivering an outstanding and personalized retail experience. Demonstrated genuine respect, politeness, and professionalism. A pleasant individual who meets and exceeds customers’ expectations through delivery of exceptional services. Strong drive for results.
• Experienced retail sales professional with a demonstrated commitment to providing high quality customer service in fast-paced retail environments. Described as a “dynamic” person who has incomparable communication and team-building skills. Proficient in greeting customers, offering them assistance and recommending merchandise based on their wants and needs.
• Self-motivated and courteous Retail Sales Professional with a strong background in customer service, merchandise display and cash handling. Excellent communication skills and a demonstrated ability to work in a team environment. Known for providing quick and efficient responses to customers at all times and handling their concerns in a helpful way.
• Goal-oriented Retail Sales Associate with over 7 years of related experience. Demonstrated ability to follow directions precisely and work with a sense of urgency in a busy environment. Proficient in Word, Excel and other software applications.
• Friendly and upbeat retail sales professional with deep insight into providing a total sales solution to customers. Able to effectively deliver an outstanding store experience to improve customer loyalty and strengthen the company’s brands.
• Retail sales associate, boasting of 5 years of relevant customer service and cash handling experience. Highly skilled in identifying customers’ requirements and providing them with the right solutions in a time-efficient and organized manner. Outstanding communicator with strong collaboration acumen.
• Dependable, competent and resourceful Retail Sales Associate with extensive experience in processing merchandise through computerized inventory systems. A highly approachable and pleasant personality, coupled with exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
• Efficient and hardworking individual with extensive exposure to working in a retail sales environment. Proven track record of effectively ensure high levels of customer satisfaction through delivery of quality customer services.
Last updated on