A cover letter is your introduction with a prospective employer when you apply for a driver’s job.
If you write your driving skills and accomplishments uniquely, there will be a better chance for you to get an interview.
Specifically, you have to mention the following skills in your letter:
- Customer service-orientation
- Physical stamina to drive safely for extended periods of time
- Stress handling
- Hand-eye coordination and attention to detail
- Communication (prefereably English/Spanish)
- Knowledge of different cultures
- Ability to handle demanding passengers
Employers always seek a passionate driver who will be able to meet and exceed their expectations. Therefore, you must show your enthusiasm and commitment to work for a specific employer in your cover letter.
See the following samples to get help with building a great cover letter for a driver resume.
Driver Cover Letter Example 1
25 New Maple Street
Rush City, MN 51242
November 16, 2019
Mr. Charles Penn
Human Resource Manager
8565 Crest Way
Rush City, MN 58995
Dear Mr. Penn:
As a passionate Driver with a verifiable track record, I offer my services as a Driver at Greyhound. With an exceptional background in driving vehicles safely, both for commercial and domestic purposes, I deem myself a perfect contender.
Some highlights of my qualifications include:
• Ability to drive both manual and auto transmission cars.
• Particular focus on the safety of passengers and vehicles.
• Deep insight into charting out appropriate routes within the city and on interstate roads.
• Well-versed in using GPS and conventional maps without diverting attention.
• Adept at cleaning and maintaining vehicles regularly.
• Familiar with common causes of breakdown and able to perform minor repairs.
Besides, I am a mild-mannered driver with great patience that allows me to wait for long hours when required. My previous employers commended my integrity and hard work many times.
With my excellent driving track record, coupled with my professionalism and dependability, I believe I could exceed your expectations. I’d like to meet with you to discuss my driving expertise and your specific requirements in detail.
Thank you for your time and consideration, and I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Driver Cover Letter Sample 2
5 North Street # 54, Clearfield, UT 66353
May 16, 2019
Ms. Donna Young
23 West Ave
Clearfield, UT 58021
Dear Ms. Young:
As an enthusiastic Driver with a safe driving record, I am eager to leverage my expertise to make a solid contribution to Acme Truckers.
For the past 12 years, I have been driving different vehicles to transport passengers and materials. I am familiar with all locations and addresses around Clearfield and possess the ability to read maps and use the GPS to navigate different routes.
My experience in providing supportive services for unloading and loading merchandise helped me succeed. Moreover, my advanced knowledge of vehicles allows me to make minor repairs myself and ensure preventive maintenance.
I am convinced that I am the best candidate for this position as I possess all traits that you have demanded in the job description. I will email you after a few days to follow-up. In the meantime, I will be available at (000) 253-9654.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Educational Requirements for a Driver
There are no educational requireents to get a driver job. However, some employers prefer a high school diploma, GED or equivalent.
Current CDL with appropriate endorsement
- Driver’s abstract and medical certificate
- Standard first aid certificate
- Criminal records check
- Driver Cover Letter No Experience
- Driver Interview
- Truck Driver Cover Letter
- Bus Driver Cover Letter
- Delivery Driver Cover Letter