Drivers work in different roles although their duties are more or less the same.
Typically, a driver is expected to drive a vehicle from one place to another to transport people or merchandise.
Mainly, they drive a vehicle on a designated route and ensure the safety and timely delivery of passengers or goods.
There are many industries where a driver may work, depending on their license and individual job placement.
Taxi drivers carry passengers from one place to another.
The construction arena is another place that employs drivers to drive a truck to sites to deliver construction materials and equipment.
Garbage disposal companies hire drivers to deliver accumulated trash to dump sites.
Bus drivers are expected to ensure that their passengers reach their destinations, and commercial drivers are expected to deliver goods from one place to another.
There are many different roles that drivers work in.
Take a look at the following list of types of roles that they are expected to provide services in and some of their duties in that role.
Sample Job Description for Driver Resume
• Drive company vehicles to pick or drop employees.
• Deliver documents and files to required destinations.
• Ensure that all deliveries have been signed and delivered to the correct recipient.
• Keep the vehicle clean and maintained at all times.
• Perform preventative and regular maintenance on the vehicle.
Dump Truck Driver
• Transport loose materials like gravel, rock, sand, and dirt to required destinations.
• Follow a schedule to ensure timely delivery.
• Chart out the best route possible to save time.
• Verify the types of materials being loaded on vehicle.
• Perform appropriate maintenance and keep the truck clean.
Concrete Truck Driver
• Drive trucks carrying concrete from one place to another.
• Operate truck to ensure appropriate mixing and pouring of concrete on job sites.
• Perform loading and unloading duties.
• Manage daily inspections of the vehicle.
• Maintain mileage logs.
• Pick passengers and drop them off at their destinations.
• Provide tickets to passengers.
• In case of carrying students, ensure appropriate behavior is maintained.
• Assist passengers and students on and off the bus.
• Ensure proper maintenance of the bus.
• Pick-up guests and passengers and drop them off at their required destinations.
• Assist passengers in embarking and disembarking.
• Assist with loading and unloading luggage.
• Choose best routes to destinations by using maps and GPS.
• Load and unload materials on and off pallets.
• Perform checks on materials and equipment being carried.
• Drive forklift from one destination to another to ensure delivery of material and equipment.
• Ensure all product data is logged appropriately.
• Ensure maintenance of forklift on a periodic basis.
Last updated on