When writing a route driver resume, be specific with your choice of statements and phrases in describing your appropriateness for a Route Driver position.
Read the job description carefully to learn what to emphasize in your resume, and which capabilities, knowledge, and experiences you should mention to grab the attention of the employer.
The following resume for a route driver position will assist you in your job application process.
Related: Route Driver Cover Letter
Route Driver Resume Example
Punctual | Dependable | Attention to Detail
Attentive route driver with 10+ years of hands-on experience working as a route driver for different delivery companies. Highly skilled in picking up and delivering packages to destinations. In-depth knowledge of map and GPS reading. Familiar with vehicle repairing techniques. Good driving record.
- Good hand-eye coordination
- Responds quickly
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to perform basic mathematical functions
- Bilingual – English and Spanish
- Good knowledge of standard software that is used to record delivery statuses
- Discovered new routes, shortening access time and distance by 20%
- Attained Driver of the Month Award in May 2022
Some Company, Houston, TX
Sep 2015 – Present
- Obtain and review driver itinerary
- Maintain deadlines without compromising the security of goods or vehicle
- Make deliveries to all customers perfectly, efficiently, and timely
- Distribute invoices and collected remittances
- Keep route books up-to-date to make accurate directions and billings
BC Cargo Company, Houston, TX
Nov 2008 – Sep 2015
- Kept the vehicle/truck neat, clean, and fueled at all times
- Checked oil, radiator water, and battery
- Performed all additional duties as assigned
- Maintained Product Inventory Control and ordered products when required.
High School Diploma
Churchill Public School, Houston, TX
Route Driver Benefits & Professional Growth
✓ Ongoing training
✓ Many career advancement opportunities
✓ Excellent compensation and commission
✓ Paid based on work – deliver more, get paid more
✓ Some companies also offer Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
Route Driver Position Requirements
• High school diploma, GED or equivalent.
• Hands-on route transportation experience is preferred.
• Good knowledge of truck maintenance.
• Demonstrated ability to lift bulky items repeatedly.
• Clean driving record.