A Doordash delivery driver’s main responsibility is to pick up food from different restaurants and deliver them to customers.
As a company that is famous for its excellent food delivery services, it hires the best delivery drivers to ensure that the work is done on time.
As a delivery driver working for Doordash or UberEats, your main work will be to take orders from a central dispatch system, and ensure that they are fulfilled in a timely and accurate manner.
The main part of your work will be to check work orders, drive your vehicle to the restaurant, pick up the food and/or drinks, and then deliver them to the customer.
In order to work as a delivery driver at Doordash, you have to possess a string of skills such as the ability to safely yet quickly drive to destinations, communicate orders properly, and ensure that food is delivered on time.
To see what specific duties you will be performing when working as a Doordash delivery driver, refer to the following list of responsibilities:
Doordash Delivery Driver Duties and Responsibilities
• Open the doordash app and check orders to determine details and addresses for pick-up and delivery.
• Drive your vehicle to the restaurant and collect food and drinks as listed in the work order.
• Check packed orders to ensure the accuracy of the order.
• Place food orders in a food bag to ensure their freshness.
• Place the warm food in the food bag to keep it warm.
• Place cold drinks and ice creams in a separate bag.
• Call the customer if there is confusion in finding the address of the customer.
• Ensure that food orders are expedited by following up properly.
• Ensure that all safety, sanitation, and COVID-19 procedures are adhered to throughout the delivery.
• Drive to customers’ homes or offices in a safe way.
• Deliver orders to customers in a professional and friendly manner.
• Leave food on the door if requested by the customer, and take a picture containing the door and food.
• Contact customer service agents (if needed) to provide them with information on delivered food items.
• Handle complaints such as cold food, or late deliveries by following company policies.
• Ensure that the vehicle is cleaned and sanitized on a regular basis.
• Handle multiple orders and ensure that they are delivered to the right addresses.
• Ensure that all deliveries are properly logged into the Doordash app.
• Provide customers with information, if needed, on current deals that partner restaurants are offering.