A patient care technician or PCT who is applying for their first job does not need to worry. Just focus on writing a compelling cover letter.
In your cover letter for a patient care technician, you should highlight your following skills and knowledge:
- Looking after assigned patients to ensure that they receive excellent personal care services.
- Taking and recording vitals.
- Keeping patients’ rooms tidy and sanitized, and ensuring that they are helped with personal hygiene.
- Communication and interpersonal skills.
- Attention to detail.
As an entry-level patient care technician, you will have a lot to offer in terms of direct patient care and monitoring, which is why it is imperative that you highlight all these skills in your cover letter.
To see how you can present yourself as a perfect individual to hire at this position, take a look at the following sample:
Sample Cover Letter for Entry Level Patient Care Technician With No Experience
July 15, 2020
Mr. Barry Kilmer
Human Resource Manager
Common Care Services
29 Lake Road
San Jose, CA 20487
Dear Mr. Kilmer:
I have recently obtained my training as a patient care technician, and would now like to offer my services to Common Care Services. With excellent knowledge of providing direct patient care in a dedicated and empathetic manner, I am positive that I will be a great addition to your team.
During the course of my training, I went through a rigorous learning path which instilled in me the confidence to work in a dedicated manner. Some of the main skills that I acquired during this time include the following:
- Well-versed in checking and recording patients’ vital records, and constantly monitoring them to ensure stability.
- Competent in taking and securing specimens to be sent to labs.
- Strong knowledge of assisting nursing staff members to administer treatment according to set treatment plans.
- Familiar with basic nursing procedures such as changing bandages, and administering medication.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with an exceptional attention to detail.
My positive outlook and cheerful demeanor are sure to work well in providing dedicated personal, as well as medical care to assigned patients.
Owing to my compassionate nature, along with the enthusiasm to meet and exceed the employer’s expectations, I will be able to exceed your expectations. In order to further discuss my suitability for the job, I would like to meet with you. Thank you for your time and consideration.