Pizza Delivery Driver Resume Writing Tips
Your resume writing efforts can very quickly go to waste if you do not work hard on creating a masterpiece of a resume.
The resume is easily overlooked by hiring managers – pizza delivery driver resumes that are not friendly to read are the first ones to be disregarded.
You may be an excellent candidate for the job that you have applied for, but if your resume doesn’t say so, you will not be deemed a good choice.
Format, language, and presentation – all three matter tremendously. Sufficient white space, easy read language, and standard font sizes make resumes stand out.
The following resume sample for a pizza delivery driver position will help you create your masterpiece:
Pizza Delivery Driver Resume Example
412 Brenot Street
Blissfield, MI 41985
PIZZA DELIVERY DRIVER
Passionate delivery driver with 8+ years’ hands-on experience in delivering food. A friendly professional who excels in customer service and relationship building. Track record of ensuring on-time deliveries to customers and handling cash transactions “on the go.” Exceptional talent for planning short and safe routes to destinations to save time and deliver pizza orders in a time-efficient manner.
• Drove pizza vans on dedicated routes using a solid sense of direction.
• Handled preventative and regular maintenance on delivery trucks, saving operational costs by $2000 per month.
• Submitted received payments into the restaurant POS system accurately and efficiently.
• Delivered ten orders on time despite bad weather conditions.
• Maintained acceptable driving record during the five years of pizza delivery work – not one traffic citation.
• Singlehandedly managed the preparation and delivery of a bulk order of 52 large pizzas for a housewarming party.
• Five times winner of the Exceptional Employee Award (in a row) following exceptional customer services and continually meeting delivery deadlines.
Pizza Delivery Driver
PAPA JOHN’S PIZZA, Blissfield, MI
2016 – Present
• Respond to customers’ queries over the telephone and took and recorded orders
• Ensure that all delivery order information such as the name of customer and address are properly jotted down
• Relay orders to the kitchen area after providing a delivery timeline to customers
• Assist in preparing and packing orders and include condiments with them
• Map routes to customers’ homes or offices using the GPS to determine short and safe courses
• Drive delivery vehicle to destinations and deliver pizzas to customers
• Provide receipt in exchange for payment received and provide change
• Contact manager to provide information on on-time pizza deliveries
• Ensure that overall repair and maintenance of the delivery vehicle
• Park delivery vehicle in the correct docking space at the end of each shift
Food Preparer and Handler
PIZZA HUT, Blissfield, MI
2009 – 2016
• Prepared food items such as meats, vegetables, and fruits by cutting, chopping, and cubing them
• Baked pizza dough by following express instructions of the chef
• Put together salads and soups and ensured that appropriate toppings are placed on each prepared pizza
• Set ovens at proper baking temperatures and placed pizzas and other dishes inside
• Removed pizza and assured that it was delivered to customers promptly
• Ensured the overall cleanliness and sanitization of work areas
High School Diploma
BLISSFIELD HIGH SCHOOL, Blissfield, MI – 2008
• Route Mapping
• Order Preparation
• Calls Handling
• Vehicle Maintenance
• Customer Service
• Cash Management
• Complaint Handling
• Rotating Shift-friendly
• Payment Reconciliation
• POS System Operations
• Order Safety
• GPS Directions