The term design assistant refers to an individual who helps a designer perform his job.
Resumes written for the Design Assistant position will need to focus on the exact type of work that a design assistant performs.
For instance, a design assistant might be working for a fashion designer or an interior designer, so his / her resume has to be in sync with what he/she has studied and desires to work as.
Design assistants are creative people who wish to make a name for themselves in their chosen designing field.
Writing a resume for this position will require a lot of thought – what can you possibly write in a resume that will pique the reader’s interest? A lot!
Here is how you can write a design assistant resume:
See also: Design Assistant Cover Letter
Design Assistant Resume Sample
100 Park Drive, Newark, DE 13327
joyring @ email . com
A creative and versatile individual with extensive experience in designing and developing a wide range of visual pieces. Particularly adept at creating vibrant and original artwork that attracts attention from clients of varied creative needs. Functional ability to design exhibitory components using proven creativity skills. Well versed in modern art techniques including but not limited to drawing, painting, and sculpting.
• Deep knowledge of creating specifications notebooks in accordance to design concepts and procedures
• Extensive experience in working with novel design concepts and materializing them into actual products
– Interior Designing
– Design Tracker
– Flat Sketching
– Budget Preparation
– 3D Software
• Created a design prototype which was used as the final design, following no need for improvement
• Redesigned 3 existing products and increased their functionality by 50%
• Measurable increase in revenues and profits brought on by the introduction of novel designing concepts
• Developed 18 design concepts for a series of products, 17 of which were chosen for further development
The Jones Group, Wilmington, DE | 2013-present
• Refer to design requirements and confer with clients to understand their design objectives
• Produce concise prototypes of proposed designs and communicate creative ideas to designers
• Create and maintain liaison with suppliers to procure materials such as fabric and trimmings
• Gain approval from clients and incorporate any needed changes
• Prepare sketch charts using a variety of design and sketching tools
• Organize samples and set up meetings with clients for product viewing purposes
• Schedule meetings with clients to ensure that they are kept in the loop throughout the design process
La-Z-Boy Incorporated, Wilmington, DE | 2011-2013
• Assisted in interviewing clients to determine their design needs
• Took notes during the interview process and discussed specifications with designers
• Maintained design charts and recorded information such as content, construction, count and production
• Assisted in approving trims and fabric and coordinated procurement activities with suppliers
• Maintained inventory of supplies and ordered materials low in stock
B.A. Interior Design
Wilmington College, Wilmington, DE