An effective resume for police records clerk position must indicate the candidate’s proficiency in carrying out complex clerical operations pertaining to confidential public safety records. To catch the reader’s eye in the first glance, your resume must be visually appealing and highly relevant.
Here are three helpful tips in this regard.
Strategic Emphasis: Information regarding your competencies and expertise must be placed strategically. The most pertinent skills must be highlighted more than others.
Layout: A cluttered resume can ruin your chances of being shortlisted for an interview. Write clearly, neatly and shortly while organizing all information into small bullet points.
Profile Summarizing: Begin your resume with a strong profile/summary. This is a golden opportunity to introduce yourself as a perfect candidate to the prospective employer.
560 Dazzle Blvd • Largo, FL 89004 • (004) 222-3333 • daniel @ email . com
POLICE RECORDS CLERK
Performance Summary: Detail-oriented and systematic police records clerk with 5+ years’ first-hand experience in clerical and administrative capacities. Highly organized individual who has a strong proficiency in performing a variety of maintenance and compilation tasks.
• Expert in handling confidential matters discreetly
• Adept at sorting, locating and retrieving data files
• Proven ability to handle multiple tasks under difficult circumstances while meeting all data entry deadlines
• Proficient in dispensing information about regulations and fundamental laws
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
|– Data entry||– Data processing||– Response review|
|– Quality checks||– Data retrieval||– Discrepancy resolution|
|– Database backup||– Data compilation||– Ticket processing|
|– Data updating||– File purging||– Report copying|
JUDICIAL DEPARTMENT, Largo, FL | 7/2012 to 11/2015
7/2012 to Present
• Compiled data from 4 databases resulting in a 30% reduction in data file retrieval time
• Initiated an efficient coding system that ensured 100% data integrity and confidentiality
• Designed a performa to facilitate initial data entry which was highly commended and adopted by other departments also
• Coded and input various case and offense records into the database
• Gathered important information for record formation and verification
• Processed court documentation and manage distribution of mail
CITY OF LARGO, Largo, FL| 3/2010 to 6/2012
Data Entry Clerk
• Prepared source data for computer entries
• Entered customer account data by inputting alphabetic and numeric information through keyboard
• Tested account system changes and regularly monitored and reviewed output
SAINT LOUIS COMMUNITY COLLEGE, Largo, FL, 2010
Associate of Science in Statistics
• 50 WPM typing speed
• Fluent in English and Spanish
• Proficient in PC operations
Last updated on