In order to apply for a police records clerk job, a job seeker should write a compelling resume, as well as a cover letter.
An effective resume for police records clerk position must indicate the candidate’s proficiency in carrying out complex clerical operations about confidential public safety records.
How to Write a Resume for Police Records Clerk?
To catch the reader’s eye at first glance, your resume must be visually appealing and highly relevant. Here are three helpful tips in this regard.
Information regarding your competencies and expertise must be placed strategically. The most relevant skills must be highlighted more than others.
A cluttered resume can ruin your chances of being shortlisted for an interview. Write clearly, neatly, and shortly while organizing all information into small bullet points.
Start with Summary
Begin your resume with a strong profile or summary. This is a golden opportunity to introduce yourself as a perfect candidate for the prospective employer.
Sample Resume for Police Records Clerk
560 Dazzle Blvd, Largo, FL 89004
POLICE RECORDS CLERK
Detail-oriented and systematic police records clerk with 5+ years’ first-hand experience in clerical and administrative capacities. A highly organized individual who has strong proficiency in performing a variety of maintenance and compilation tasks.
• Expert in handling confidential matters discreetly
• Adept at sorting, locating and retrieving data files
• Proficient in dispensing information about regulations and fundamental laws
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
– Data entry
– Quality checks
– Database backup
– Data updating, processing, compilation & retrieval
– Discrepancy resolution
Police Records Clerk
JUDICIAL DEPARTMENT, Largo, FL
7/2012 – 4/2020
• Compiled data from 4 databases resulting in a 30% reduction in data file retrieval time
• Initiated an efficient coding system that ensured 100% data integrity and confidentiality
• Designed a new proforma to facilitate initial data entry which was highly commended and adopted by other departments
• Coded and input various case and offense records into the database
• Gathered important information for record formation and verification
• Processed court documentation and manage the distribution of mail
Data Entry Clerk
CITY OF LARGO, Largo, FL
3/2010 – 6/2012
• Prepared source data for computer entries
• Entered customer account data by inputting alphabetic and numeric information through a keyboard
• Tested account system changes and regularly monitored and reviewed the output
Associate of Science in Statistics
SAINT LOUIS COMMUNITY COLLEGE, Largo, FL, 2010
• 50 WPM typing speed
• Fluent in English and Spanish
• Proficient in PC operations
“I can handle multiple tasks under difficult circumstances while meeting all data entry deadlines.”