How to Write an Entry Level Customer Service Resume With No Experience in Hand?
1. Focus on Your Skills
The critical element of a successful entry-level resume is transferable skills.
Before you start building your Customer Service resume, jot down the skills you possess that will come in handy in the customer service field.
Once you know your transferable skills, you’ll find it very easy to build a relevant and convincing resume.
2. Add Keywords to Your Resume
Inserting the right keywords is very crucial for entry-level candidates or career changers. As most resumes are electronically scanned, ones possessing more Customer Service terms stand a better chance of being shortlisted.
3. Do Research
It is also a good idea to do a bit of research and find out about the firm you intend to apply to. The more you know about them, the better you’ll be able to understand their expectations.
4. Mention any Internship or Volunteer Experience
Any internship experience or volunteer work is productive. Do add it even if you feel it’s irrelevant. If you have relevant education, it is a good idea to highlight a project you conducted that reflects your customer dealing skills and expertise.
Have a look at the samples given below for a better idea.
Customer Service Resume with No Experience (Sample 1)
788 Kline Sq, Southbridge, MA 56021
laura @ email . com
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE
A customer service-oriented individual seeking a customer service representative position at ABC Company. Bringing a profound ability to generate leads and develop long-term relationships with customers.
• Adept at anticipating and responding to customers’ needs.
• Highly skilled in data entry, account management, and record-keeping.
• Strong communication and negotiation skills.
• Excellent presentation abilities.
• Able to take and follow instructions.
• Functional knowledge of POS and billing software.
A.S. Customer Service
SEEK INSTITUTE, Southbridge, MA
• Carried out a mini-research project based on a sample of 300+ that identified factors in quality customer service delivery based on Edwin’s Theory of Social Behavior.
• Conducted a customer satisfaction survey in collaboration with TEL SERVICE and developed a questionnaire for the same.
SAINT PATRICK’S CHURCH, Southbridge, MA
Nov 2020 – Jan 2021
• Set chairs in the auditorium
• Arranged and filled offering baskets
• Distributed reading material during and before service
• Ability to lift up to 40 lbs
• Multilingual: Fluent in English, French, and, Spanish
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Computer: MS Office Applications
• Exposure to and a high tolerance for diverse cultures
Entry Level Customer Service No Experience Resume Sample 2
77 Washington Street
Charleston, WV 10101
Fresh, energetic individual, seeking a position as a Customer Service Representative with Amhurst. Bringing customer service and communication skills derived from my business degree to service the company’s clients in the most productive way.
Bachelor of Business Administration
University of Charleston, Charleston, WV – 2021
Majors: Leadership and the Art of Management
Minor: Customer Service
• Good knowledge of principles and processes of customer service provision
• Exceptional know-how in administrative and clerical work
• Profound ability to establish and maintain effective customer and coworkers relationships
• Adroitness in carrying out detailed instructions as required
• Bilingual – English, and Spanish
• Technical – MS Office Suite, MS Project, and Word Processing Programs
INTERNSHIP & SUMMER EXPERIENCE
Whole Foods Market – Charleston, WV
Customer Service Cashier
• Provided excellent customer service
• Tagged the price of all merchandise
• Organized, stocked, and rotated merchandise
• Kept the work area clean, maintained and well-organized
Nestle – Charleston, WV
Customer Care Intern
• Carried out front desk and customer service duties
• President of the school business society
• Active member of the school swimming team
• Active member of Dramaz – the school drama club
• Office equipment
• Basic mathematical operations
• Handling irate clients
• Handling confidential information