Computer Aided Design Technicians or more popularly known as CAD Technicians work with special computer software that draws sketches of buildings, sewer systems and electronic components depending on the setting they are working in. Their job is to create a graphical representation of a proposed project in order to assist project designers. CAD technicians are highly skilled professionals who have to possess experience in CAD software.
When writing a CAD Technician Resume, keep in mind that employers are basically seeking written evidence of your qualifications and skills. Note the word ‘evidence’. It implies that a mere statement of your abilities will not suffice. You need to give them some proof of your potential.
Below are the core ingredients for an excellent resume recipe:
• Separate section for technical skills: CAD is a technical field and an effective CAD resume must contain a section dedicated to the candidate’s technical skills.
• Tabulated and bulleted core competencies: Add a table featuring your most selling characteristics.
• Powered profile summary: Top your resume with a high profile summary, speaking directly to the employer’s needs.
• An outline of notable achievements: Impress the employers by stating a few of your professional accomplishments.
304 Alvin Horizon • Houston, TX 45002 • (003) 222 – 4444 • kevin @ email . com
Versatile and technically aggressive CAD professional with full command on production of electronic versions of technical drawings, especially architectural blueprints. Broad experience in collaborative and independent design development for buildings and machinery. Track record of enabling 3D virtual tours around proposed buildings.
• Proven leader with massive team motivation skills.
• Analytical minded and detail oriented individual.
• Extensive knowledge of the 4S building code and its implications.
Software: AutoCAD, Vid-CAD, GIS and PDIM
PC: Excel, Power point, Project and Visio
|– Solid Modeling||– Steel Fabrication||– Dimensioning|
|– Scaling||– Multi-View Drafting||– Demolition Proposals|
|– Sketch Conversions||– Layout Translation||– Sq. Footage Calculation|
|– Conduit Investigation||– P&ID’s Development||– Metric Systems|
• Developed an automated blueprint for a 6 storey complex industrial plant design within a period of 4 months.
• Pioneered in implementing PDM software at TYCO which resulted in enhancing overall data integrity by 45%.
• Achieved the ‘Most Talented Employee Award’ in 2011.
BASSETT MECHANICAL, Houston, TX
Sr. Auto CAD Technician, 3/2011 to Present
• Generate graphic presentations and develop design plans for specialized drafting based on project
• Prepare complex 3D and 2D site layout plans
• Build and present topography cross sections and profiles while considering calculated earthwork volumes
• Develop and maintain system flow details, floor and ceiling plans, mounting details and constructional documentation
TYCO, Houston, TX
CAD support Technician, 6/2008 to 2/2011
• Ensured consistency of designs with building codes
• Facilitated senior auto-CAD technicians in developing designs based on customer defined specifications
• Determined and executed appropriate construction control systems on plans
TECHNOCITY, Houston, TX, 2008
B.S., CAD TECHNOLOGY
53 N Woods Lane, Rogers, AR 92736
(900) 709-9009, Email
OBJECTIVE: Looking for a position as a CAD Technician with MWH Global utilizing skillful aptitude in design layout translation and exceptional ability to perform detailed drawings.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Worked as a CAD Technician for three years in an architectural setting
• Highly proficient in operating Auto CAD 2011
• In depth knowledge of managing, organizing and laying out drawing requirements
• Hands on experience in producing three dimensional drawings
• Excellent pencil drawing skills
• Proficient in using AutoCAD and GEOPAK
• Demonstrated ability to manage 2D and 3D drawings
• Knowledge of output devices, imperial and metric systems
• Outstanding organizational and communication skills
ACCELERATION IN DESIGN
• Achieved 3D designs drawing for a particularly cumbersome multiplex building design
• Created an automated program that incorporated interactive graphics now standing as the company’s lone product for sale
May 2009 – Present
Armstrong Group – Rogers, AR
• Perform advanced and specialized drafting depending on project
• Develop graphic presentations and prepare design plans
• Calculate quantities for design purposes
• Produce drawings keeping budgets in mind
• Document CAD data creation
• Produce high quality maps and reports
• Maintain active communication with contractors
• Perform research work where required
Graduate from American Drafting Design Association – 2008