Experience as a customer service representative is important, but only if the hiring manager has specifically asked for it.
At the entry-level, how you present yourself to a prospective employer is all that matters. Specifically, your skills in handling a wide variety of tasks associated with customers will be gauged from the resume.
It may seem as if writing a resume to apply for a Customer Service Representative position is not easy since you will be doing it for the first time. Once you have a format in front of you, it is a piece of cake.
Here is a resume format that you can follow:
Customer Service Representative Resume No Experience
199 Oak Road, Yakima, WA 19973
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE
An exceptionally talented individual, with extensive interest in working in a customer service capacity. Highly skilled in maintaining a positive and professional attitude towards customers, aiming to ensure constant satisfaction. Unmatched ability to promptly respond to queries, and handle complaints in accordance with set instructions.
Bachelor of Business Administration
Yakima Business College, Yakima, WA
- Remained on top of the class in all business modules, throughout the degree program
- Selected as the only student to represent the college at a business convention in NY
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Tier-1 Contact
- Customer Interaction
- Records Keeping
- Order Taking and Processing
Novatech, Yakima, WA
2/2020 – 5/2020
• Greeted customers in person, and over the telephone, and inquired into their buying preferences
• Acquired initial customer information, and recorded it according to set protocols
• Opened and maintained customers’ accounts and provide information on offered products and services
• Maintained financial accounts, ensuring that adjustments were properly handled
• Generated leads through cold calling and mailshots
• Responded to tickets, ensuring escalated issues were given due priority
• Ticket Systems Handling
• Online Order Processing
• MS Word and Excel
English and Spanish
• Worked as a volunteer at a children’s hospital for 3 summers
• Led a team of volunteers to clean up Yakima city after a storm had made a great mess