Resumes written for an airport customer service representative’s job should be written by following what can be considered as the most qualifying factor. For this position, it is important to focus on the customer service aspect as this is the essence of an airport customer service representative’s role.
The summary on your resume needs to be strong as employers believe that what you intend to do in the future, depends on what you have already done. What you need to focus on here is the ability to handle customers in a proactive manner so technically, your resume summary should edict this information. Additionally, you need to focus on your competencies in a customer service role. Here is a sample resume for this position.
9023 S Coffman Road ● Casper, WY 12746 ● (999) 999-9999, fredrickson @email . com
CUSTOMER SERVICE PROFESSIONAL
A dedicated and helpful customer service representative with hands-on experience in the airline industry. Able to work independently and use in-house resources to maximize customer satisfaction. Reliable and dependable, with a special talent for managing high volume work.
• Functional knowledge of flight management protocols aimed at providing accurate knowledge.
• Comprehensive knowhow of modern ticketing and reservation booking procedures.
• Great proficiency in airline related software.
• Strong background of handling cargo with special focus on identifying and screening suspicious baggage.
• Capable of providing customer recognition to frequent flyers through individualized contact.
|– Ticketing systems||– Reservation protocols||– Customer service|
|– Check-in procedures||– Boarding and deplaning||– Agent habdling|
|– Safety precautions||– Push-back equipment||– Ground security|
|– Cooperative attitude||– Communication||– Flight announcement|
• Recommended corrective measures to handle customers’ complaints which brought down complaints by 44%
• Reigned in airport-agent liaison project, initiated to strengthen the official-agent relationships to increase customer services
• Streamlined boarding passenger queues for by implementing “color coordinated ticket stubs”
• Introduced a complex baggage screening system which increased screening accuracy by 50%
Airport Customer Service Representative
American Airlines, Casper, WY, 6/2010 to Present
• Welcome passengers to the service counter and inquire into their purpose of visit
• Provide passengers with information regarding ticketing, reservations and seat availability
• Inform passengers of flight schedules and baggage booking procedures
• Operate machinery such as tugs, push-back equipment and commissary trucks to handle booked baggage
• Provide passengers with information regarding ticket prices and overweight luggage charges
• Screen passengers’ luggage by operating specialized screening equipment
• Resolve passengers’ issues regarding flight changes and seating arrangements
• Provide passengers with upgrades from economy class to business class following additional payments or frequent flyer points
Middleton International Airport, Casper, WY, 1/2009 to 5/2010
• Assisted passengers in locating conveyor belts associated with their flights
• Provided assistance in looking for luggage and puling bags from conveyor belts
• Assisted in issuing tickets and printing boarding passes
• Conducted security screenings of passengers and their luggage
• Checked tickets for accuracy prior to allowing passengers to board flights
• Assist the elderly and unaccompanied minors throughout the ticket issuing and boarding procedure
Diploma: SOME SCHOOL, Casper, WY, 2008
Last updated on