If you want to apply for an airport ramp agent position, you must ensure that your resume is perfectly written.
You will need to properly highlight the fact that you are aware of marshaling inbound aircraft into ramp areas of assigned gates.
Highlight your skills and experience in unloading passenger luggage and cargo from the aircraft.
If you have an accomplishment to your name in this regard, do not be shy in bragging about it in your airport ramp agent resume.
Airport Ramp Agent Resume Sample
48 Olive Road, Olympia, WA 87364
AIRPORT RAMP AGENT
Airport Ramp Agent with 8+ years of experience in providing underwing services at busy airports. Adept at guiding aircraft to and from gates, and backing them up for take-off. Able to place chocks and cones around aircraft, according to set procedures. Deeply familiar with loading and unloading arriving and departing cargo, baggage, and mail onto awaiting carts.
Environmental Safety | Loading and Unloading
Aircraft Stocking | Supplies Management
Flight Guidance | Sorting
Equipment Management | Cleaning
Runway Monitoring | Snow Removal
Airport Ramp Agent
Olympia National Airport, Olympia, WA
5/2014 – Present
• Maintain safety and security of the ramp at all times
• Monitor passenger safety during boarding and deplaning processes
• Marshal aircraft onto ramps by directing, assisting, and parking arriving and departing aircraft
• Load and unload cargo to and from aircraft cargo holds
• Ensure safe ground-handling procedures and maintenance of service equipment
• Deliver luggage to baggage claim areas, and unload on conveyor belts
• Report equipment malfunctions, and perform the minor repair as instructed
• Place chocks and cones around grounded aircraft
• Collect, load, and unload animals and dangerous goods to and from aircraft
• Singlehandedly managed stocking work for 5 aircraft in one hour
• Implemented a unique cleaning and maintenance system, hence, reduced cleaning time by 15%
• Successfully trained 35 other ramp agents, as part of an ongoing training program
Tate Airways, Olympia, WA
7/2011 – 5/2014
• Ensured the cleanliness and maintenance of passenger waiting areas
• Assisted in loading and unloading cargo and luggage
• Supported cabin maintenance and cleaning activities
• Operated ground support equipment, such as aircraft stair units, and container loaders
High School Diploma
Waterloo High School, Olympia, WA – 2012
Resume summary and Objective
An airport ramp agent needs to write a resume objective or summary statement which shows them to be an excellent candidate for the position.
This is easy if you know what the work is, and what skills you will need to do it.
Your airport ramp agent resume objective or summary statement should not be too long, but it should possess sufficient detail to project you as an organized and diligent individual.
Note: Write a summary statement if you have extensive relevant experience in hand. If not, then you may start your resume with an objective.
What follow are some examples of airport ramp agent resume objectives and summaries that you can look through:
5 Airport Ramp Agent Resume Objective Examples
1. Looking for a Ramp Agent position at Accufleet International. Leveraging excellent skills in assisting passengers in locating their baggage, and helping resolve issues.
2. Anticipating a position at United Ground Express employing expertise in providing necessary wing support to aircraft.
3. Seeking a position as an Airport Ramp Agent at Cargo Force Inc. Documented success in marshaling inbound aircraft onto ramp areas of assigned gates, in a safe manner.
4. To work for Envoy Air as a ramp agent. Eagerly offering adeptness in fueling aircraft, managing baggage, and cargo, and performing crucial safety inspections.
5. Exceptionally skilled Airport Ramp Agent, currently seeking an opportunity at Inland Technologies. Demonstrated expertise in performing loading and unloading work.
4 Summary Samples for Ramp Agent Resume
1. Results-oriented individual, with 5+ years of experience in an Airport Ramp Agent capacity. Deeply familiar with loading and unloading arriving and departing aircraft cargo, baggage, and mail onto carts, and dollies.
2. Airport Ramp Agent, with over 6 years of experience in loading and unloading baggage, and creating and maintaining records of shipped and received goods. Exceptionally talented in cleaning aircraft interior, including galleries, seats, and windows.
3. Passionate ramp agent with 9+ years of extensive experience working with renowned airlines. Proficient in delivering loaded bag carts and containers by efficiently using tugs. Hands-on experience in ensuring that necessary ground equipment is available in the ramp area, and performing preventative maintenance and repair on equipment.
4. Highly experienced Airport Ramp Agent, boasting vast experience in guiding incoming and outgoing aircraft on the taxiway to ensure safety. Unmatched ability to observe safe ground-handling procedures, and maintenance of ground service equipment.