Modern cover letters have five essential parts. Each part or section is discussed below for guidance of candidates seeking help regarding cover letter writing.
• The Hello: It is very important for personalization to find the name of the concerned person who will be reading your letter and to address the person directly.
• The Grab: Your letter’s introduction must be unique in order to grab the reader’s attention. Be creative.
• The Hook: This paragraph must cover the core competencies you offer and communicate your main skills without rehashing your resume.
• The Relation: This is where you clearly communicate the value you will be adding and convince the employer why hiring you will prove to be beneficial to them.
• The Close: Research shows that cover letters that demand an interview in the end are far more effective as compared to ones that don’t since this reflects confidence and the candidate’s motivation for the job.
Below is a sample cover letter for entry level custodian with no experience.
February 11 , 2015
Mr. Gary Smith
UNIVERSITY OF MASSACHUESETTS
488 Orchid Lane
Worcester, MA 75003
Dear Mr. Smith:
With regard to your current need for a custodian, I am confident that you will be interested in my relevant skills and competencies as detailed in my enclosed resume.
You will note that my qualifications closely match your job description:
• Profound ability to read, write and follow instructions
• Well versed in understanding and adhering to safety precautions while using chemical cleaners and detergents
• Proficient in taking out trash and disposing off the same in an environment friendly manner
• Expert in cleaning, mopping, vacuuming, dusting and sweeping
• Highly polite, respectful and customer oriented individual
• Effective team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills
In addition to the above highlighted basic janitorial and custodial tasks, I am also capable of conducting minor repairs related to electricity and household appliances and carrying out laundry and changing of linens on regular basis.
If you seek a dependable, helpful and highly competent individual who is fully capable of understanding, taking and following directions regarding housekeeping and cleaning tasks to fill the vacancy of custodian at the University of Massachusetts, call me now at (004) 333-8877 to schedule an interview. I shall follow up this application to confirm your reciprocated interest in my candidacy.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
(004) 333 – 8877
loretta @ email .com
Last updated on