A professional experience section is generally considered the core of a custodian resume and it is backed up by relevant professional accomplishments. However, if a candidate is inexperienced, they cannot furnish the resume with either of the above mentioned sections. This is a scenario where skills based or functional resumes come in really handy.
A functional format allows the candidate’s skills to be highlighted more in order to cover the lack of relevant experience and achievements. It is very crucial to demonstrate relevant knowledge of the position if you are not having experience. To present yourself in a favorable light, it is best to ascertain and understand the employer’s expectations of the role first. After that you must make a prioritized list of your relevant qualifications. This will form the core of your resume and must reflect complete expertise and capability to take up the advertised position and execute the duties with full expertise.
Below is a well written custodian resume sample suitable for candidates having no experience.
560 Central Ave • Denver, CO 98554 • (004) 333-2222 • emanuel @ email . com
❖❖ CUSTODIAN ❖❖
Highly industrious and responsible individual seeking a school custodian position with Little Bloomer’s Elementary school utilizing expert skills in janitorial and general cleaning tasks. Profound ability to employ knowledge of standard cleaning procedures, chemicals and equipment.
HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Highly efficient in conducting minor maintenance tasks and general repairs
• Expert in moping, cleaning, dusting and vacuuming
• Well versed in following cleaning chemicals and disinfectant usage protocols and safety precautions
• Proficient in clearing snow from parking lots and pathways using chemical and manual methods
• Apt at taking out trash and disposing off the same in an environment friendly manner
• Customer oriented individual with respectful attitude and strong interpersonal skills
G.E.D, CITY COLLEGE, Denver, CO, 2015
• Ability to read and write and maintain inventories
• Excellent physical stamina and eye hand dexterity
• Willing to work outdoors in odd weather conditions
• Ability to sit, squat, bend and kneel while working effectively in confined spaces
• Great attention to detail, profound ability to follow given instructions to book
• Bilingual: Fluent in English and Spanish
• Book reading: Volunteered as reader in a summer camp for visually impaired children and read them stories out of given books of their choice
• Sports: Soccer, Basketball and Tennis
• Cooking: Deep understanding of basic cooking and baking techniques and strong interest in international cuisines
Last updated on