A professional experience section is generally considered the core of a custodian resume, and it is usually backed up by relevant professional accomplishments.
However, if a candidate is inexperienced, they cannot furnish the resume with either of the sections mentioned above.
In this scenario, a skills-based or functional resume comes in handy. That is because a functional format allows the candidate’s skills to be highlighted more to overcome the lack of relevant experience and achievements.
It is essential to demonstrate appropriate knowledge of the position if you do not have experience in hand.
To present yourself in a favorable light, it is best to ascertain and understand the employer’s expectations of the role first.
After that, you must make a prioritized list of your custodian skills and qualifications. This will form the core of your resume and must reflect complete expertise and capability to take up the advertised position and execute the duties with full competence.
Below is a well-written custodian resume sample, suitable for candidates with no experience in hand.
See also: Custodian Cover Letter No Experience
Sample Entry Level Custodian Resume (No Experience)
560 Central Ave, Denver, CO 98554
❖❖ CUSTODIAN ❖❖
Seeking a school custodian position with Little Bloomer’s Elementary school utilizing skills in janitorial and general cleaning tasks.
HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Highly efficient in conducting minor maintenance tasks and general repairs
• Expert in moping, cleaning, dusting, and vacuuming
• Well versed in following cleaning chemicals and disinfectant usage protocols and safety precautions
• Proficient in clearing snow from parking lots and pathways using chemical and manual methods
• Apt at taking out the trash and disposing of the same in an environmentally friendly manner
• Customer service-oriented, with a respectful attitude and strong interpersonal skills
• Profound ability to employ knowledge of standard cleaning procedures, chemicals, and equipment.
G.E.D, CITY COLLEGE, Denver, CO – 2015
Astley Gilbert Limited, Denver, CO | 2/2020 – 4/2020
- Cleaned and cared for buildings and facilities
- Maintained a safe and healthy environment
- Vacuumed carpets and washed bathrooms
- Replenished supplies
- Emptied wastebaskets and garbage bins
- Stored cleaning materials and supplies in a safe and orderly manner
• Ability to read and write and maintain inventories
• Excellent physical stamina and eye-hand dexterity
• Willing to work outdoors in odd weather conditions
• Ability to sit, bend and kneel while working effectively in confined spaces
• Excellent attention to detail, profound ability to follow given instructions to book
• Bilingual: Fluent in English and Spanish
Book reading: Volunteered as a reader in a summer camp for visually impaired children and read them stories out of given books of their choice
Sports: Soccer, Basketball, and Tennis
Cooking: Deep understanding of basic cooking and baking techniques and a keen interest in international cuisines